lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #1
revoarcher
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default piston boring specs

I am boring out my FE 290 .25mm and was wondering if anyone knows the proper piston-bore dimensions? What is the minimum and maximum piston to bore dimensions or do I just have them bore it .25 over standard dimensions and that is close enough? I am asking because when I had my snowmobile bored out the machinist wanted the piston and the proper manufacturers clearances so he could measure them and bore the cylinders to the exact dimensions.
revoarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
Nicky
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: piston boring specs

give him the piston and tell him three thousandths clearance. he should be able to take it from there.
Nick
Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #3
revoarcher
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks I was looking on the net and found some info for a 91 and it said piston to wall clearance of .0006 in to .0018 in that would be under .003 to just over. would this be the same for the fe 290 because I don't want to bore it out to much? I would like to keep it as tight as possible without it being to tight. Would .002 be to tight?

Thanks for the help!
revoarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
Nicky
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I just went through all of this with my 290 and .003 was the number I wouldn't go any less. you may have a chance of it locking up. .003 is the total clearance. so that would be one and a half thousand per side. The Machinist will bore it .003 more than what the piston measures
Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car