lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
Shreadman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Battery equalization Questions

I have an EZGO TXT Series Cart, 36V. I charged the batteries last night and let them sit for about 12 hours, took readings this morning.

1- 6.34
2- 6.27
3- 6.32
4- 6.30
5- 6.33
6- 6.30
PAK- 37.9 which if I read the chart right is 90%

The batteries are 08 Rural King Exides, GC115G

Trying to get the pack to 100% or as close as possible. Right now I have batt 2 & 4 hooked in series charging with a 12V charger on the 8A medium setting. How high should I charge these 2 ( have seen a couple of numbers 15V and 15.5 v}?

Can I use the 20A setting to charge the batteries in series?

With the numbers above I was planning on charging 2 & 4, 3 & 6, and then 1 & 5, does that look correct?

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.
Shreadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery equalization Questions

Is the AH rating listed on the battery?
Exide doesn't have a GC-115G (with or without G suffix) listed on their website and the Rural King web site doesn't list AH. They do say it has 110 Minutes at 75A, which is the same as the Exide GC-110m which is only a 186 AH battery.

If they are 186AH or thereabouts, I stick the the 8A setting or babysit them very closely at 20A.

I'd take them to at least 15.5V per pair, but no more than 16.0V
Keep an eye on the fluid levels because they are definitely going to gas.

However, they are not imbalanced all that badly (0.07V spread) and probably just need to be charged more often and/or higher.

What charger are you using and what is the On-Charge voltage when it shuts off?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #3
Shreadman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

They do not list anymore information on the battery. I am using a Power Wise charger that came with the cart. I will charge them again and check the On-Charge voltage. What range should that be in? Think I am just gonna try ScottyB's suggestion and charge then plug back in a few times to see if this helps. Just trying to get a little more out of them until I get the new ones, to go to 48V.

That is if I get the new controller and solenoid installed. New toys from ScottyB. Alltrax 400A NPX and heavy duty solenoid 400/1000. My stock controller was hooked up different than the new one different wire on different terminals, B- and M- are in differrent slots.

Thank you for the information.
Shreadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:03 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The on-charge voltage should climb into the 44V to 46V range before charger shuts off.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:43 AM   #5
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You have 2008 batteries that hold a 90% charger. That's pretty good considering their age. I doubt you'll get them any high even running a higher charger voltage because they loose their ability to hold charge as they age. Just IMO.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Probably won't get much, but might get some and a little bit is better than nothing.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO