lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2013, 09:06 PM   #11
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: help me find a winch :)

I use a separate 12-V battery. I use the flooded batt's for cart power.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2013, 07:22 AM   #12
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

I was just gonna say I got the HF 3k# winch and it works like a champ. Way more heavy duty than the 2k/2.5k. But I get a ton of use out of mine so yours should be fine.
Here's a couple pics showing my outback outfitters brushguard with 2" hitch receiver. So I made my hitch removable so I can move it to the front or rear of my CC.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20131113_133443.jpg (190.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20131114_134058.jpg (130.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20131107_142754.jpg (153.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20131108_160438.jpg (146.1 KB, 0 views)
KillerCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:28 AM   #13
Maverick18
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I sat there looking at the 3000 and 2500 for about 30 minutes. I couldn't make up my mind. Went with the 2500 for $40 the 3000 was over $100.

Cart looks awesome.
Maverick18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:54 AM   #14
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Thanks. The hook up is a tough one for a sparky. An extra battery adds extra weight along with the winch and brushguard. Being your cart is lifted and I think you have a back seat, I'm assuming you are gonna want/need more power down the line. Domino effect my friend! Welcome to the world of golf carts! ! Lol
Old 12-20-2013, 07:54 AM   #15
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The HF 2000 and 2500 pull knob for engage/disengage really stinks. Very hard to operate after only a short time out of the box. Solenoid quit working in one direction also after 4 months. I would not recommend those cheap winches.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:03 AM   #16
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
The HF 2000 and 2500 pull knob for engage/disengage really stinks. Very hard to operate after only a short time out of the box. Solenoid quit working in one direction also after 4 months. I would not recommend those cheap winches.
I agree with the "don't buy a cheap winch" statement. I have a quality Warne 2500 on the front of my hunting cart and it will get me out of any situation. I have a $30 Chinese built winch on the back that (in theory) is there for just hauling deer out of "thorny" places. but I have used it to help yank my cart around in a tight spot, and frankly….I thought it was going to crap out any moment.

If you think you are going to need your winch, buy a Warne. Or….stay stuck on top of a mountain. Your choice.

Dave
Old 12-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #17
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Warn isn't the only quality winch in town. I went with a 2500 lb Mile Marker with synthetic rope for my big ezgo. Very happy, so much better then a cheap winch.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #18
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

I don't think maverick will have to worry about too many mountains in Sunny FLA. Probably more of cosmetic accessory, but there if he needs it.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #19
DaveTM
Gone Wild

My parents lived in Savannah Ga. for a few years….in another lifetime. (Like 30 years ago) I did visit that area, and I would hope it's a beautiful today as it was then. But it's near the ocean and as I recall, it's pretty flat. But, when it rains areas do get muddy. I would hope that Maverick doesn't get in a situation where mud is a serious factor as that's when a winch will show it's true colors. Ask me how I know this.

Dave
Old 12-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #20
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
My parents lived in Savannah Ga. for a few years….in another lifetime. (Like 30 years ago) I did visit that area, and I would hope it's a beautiful today as it was then. But it's near the ocean and as I recall, it's pretty flat. But, when it rains areas do get muddy. I would hope that Maverick doesn't get in a situation where mud is a serious factor as that's when a winch will show it's true colors. Ask me how I know this.

Dave
True! Sand can be a hitch too. Looking at mavs tires, I don't know if he plans on off roading. Maybe he'll chime in and tell us his furure plans.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO