lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2014, 06:37 PM   #1
moparguy62
Not Yet Wild

Default axle clutch input shaft

I have a 1999 G16 that had a bad input shaft. I purchased the new shaft and pulled the rear end, split the upper case open and removed and replaced the shaft. When you pull the case apart its impossiable to see inside as you do this. The input shaft ahd no shims on the bearing end inside, so I know i didn't lose them. The shaft has a gov. on the end with washers between that and gears. There is also a fork that slide over the shaft. I placed the shaft between the last washer and the gear, keeping all the washers toward the Gov. weights. The cart runs to fast even with the adjustment backed off. Can anyone tell me or send me a view of where the fork goes. I have a service manual but it only gives a break down not instalation diagram.
moparguy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2014, 08:00 PM   #2
moparguy62
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: axle clutch input shaft

Thought I'd tell ya'll I finished the rear axle. There is a shim washer between the input shaft and the bearing on the govenor side. Should be shimmed to .002 - .005 this shim fell into the lower rear end when I took it apart unseen. These thing have no snap rings so be very careful when splitting the trans. case. The cart runs well, little to much rev. because the rear clutch has a huge spring, I'll be swapping that out to a smaller stock spring.
moparguy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:10 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: axle clutch input shaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparguy62 View Post
I have a 1999 G16 that had a bad input shaft. I purchased the new shaft and pulled the rear end, split the upper case open and removed and replaced the shaft. When you pull the case apart its impossiable to see inside as you do this. The input shaft ahd no shims on the bearing end inside, so I know i didn't lose them. The shaft has a gov. on the end with washers between that and gears. There is also a fork that slide over the shaft. I placed the shaft between the last washer and the gear, keeping all the washers toward the Gov. weights. The cart runs to fast even with the adjustment backed off. Can anyone tell me or send me a view of where the fork goes. I have a service manual but it only gives a break down not instalation diagram.
This is why i recommend never taking that cover off in the cart, and removing it only when the axle is vertical (standing on one wheel). You are lucky that shim didn't get "eaten" by the gears.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha