lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2014, 08:24 AM   #1
Texasmaker
Not Yet Wild

Question Yamaha G8 controller test suggestions

Hello all! First post and first electric project. Working on a yamaha g8e that hasn't run in years. I think I've narrowed it down to controller AND I'm wondering if I connect the driver side solenoid connection directly to the red cable post on the solenoid, that will bypass it and let me know if it's good or bad? This will also test the shifter in the process.

If that doesn't work, next thought is to remove shifter as well and wire one of the wires from it directly to the solenoid.

This is what I know so far; 6new batteries, pack voltage good, solenoid good, motor is good and runs when wired direct, and reverse buzzer buzzes all the time, even with key off if I'm in reverse.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Texasmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2014, 09:58 PM   #2
Texasmaker
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G8 controller test suggestions

Read my post again and I see it doesn't make much sense. I tried wiring from the solenoid to the shifter and got nothing. Trying to test controller and shifter but not sure how to wire. Any suggestions?
Texasmaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g8e, solenoid, speed controller, troubleshooting
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha