lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2014, 03:18 PM   #21
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 99TXT no reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by toslc View Post
ScottyB, order for a reversing contactor has been placed.
Good move, I've put them in both my carts and love them.
sowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2014, 05:53 PM   #22
jericho
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

discombobulated i think that is the first time i have ever seen that word in print.Like i said in previous post,I am amazed at what i learn here every day.
jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:42 PM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I like it so much I'm gonna put one of those little rocker switches in my PDS cart. So I can stop pulling myself out of the seat to reach the dash to shift..... That paddle switch by your knee is forever easier to reach.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:01 AM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I like it so much I'm gonna put one of those little rocker switches in my PDS cart. So I can stop pulling myself out of the seat to reach the dash to shift..... That paddle switch by your knee is forever easier to reach.
The guy that pick that location for the F/R selector in the PDS, must have been at least 6'7"

Put a kit together - it'll sell.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:18 AM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The guy that pick that location for the F/R selector in the PDS, must have been at least 6'7"

Put a kit together - it'll sell.
I hear ya, at 6 feet tall I have about a 3 ft reach. Knuckles not quite dragging on the ground Yet I have to pull myself out of the seat to reach the button. Good idea, Johnnie. I'll do mine first. Then yours ...... then the world
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:46 AM   #26
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
...................I'll do mine first. Then yours ...... then the world
Sounds like a plan.

There have been days when my old body doesn't want to bend that far, and I've driven an extra hundred yards just to keep from shifting into reverse.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:41 PM   #27
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

You guys are behind. I did it like 6 months ago... At the time all the rest of my carts were gas so every time I went to shift I was grabbing nothing. Now it is where it should be !!
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:38 AM   #28
toslc
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question time: I got the reversing contactor and have it almost hooked up except for A1 and A2, they are reversed on the cart from what the schematic shows that came with the contactor? Looking at other posts, it's a different schematic than what I have. Does it hurt anything to have A1 and A2 backwards?
toslc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:56 AM   #29
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by toslc View Post
Question time: I got the reversing contactor and have it almost hooked up except for A1 and A2, they are reversed on the cart from what the schematic shows that came with the contactor? Looking at other posts, it's a different schematic than what I have. Does it hurt anything to have A1 and A2 backwards?
Hurt anything, no.
However, the motor might run in reverse when direction selector is in forward.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:40 PM   #30
toslc
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks JohnnieB, I got it all done and it works great!

Review: I receive the box in two days, was very impressed that it came so quickly from CA to IN! I was a lil disappointed that it didn't come with a bracket when I opened the box .... until I discovered that it fit the bracket from the old mechanical switch?

It took me (I should say US) about 6 hours to complete it BUT I moved the throttle control wires into the frame to keep it from getting snagged while off-road, as well as moved the keyswitch wires away from the leaf spring to keep it from getting pinched AND I took lunch AND all three of my boys were "helping" me. I think it could be done in a few hours reasonably.

But it's working great, I think, the boys took off with it as soon as I was done. It looks very nice, and reverse works now! I will definitely do business with Scotty again!!!

Also I think someone asked about measuring the resistance across the switch? So I did, and one off the connections did read open, so I think you could trouble shoot the F/R switch with an Ohm meter . . . Although I'm glad I didn't fix the old one, I really like the upgrade!
toslc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO