lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2014, 05:34 PM   #1
Jbc3902
Not Yet Wild

Default Solenoid?

Ok I have an electric club car. Everything in it is aftermarket. I used ScottyB as my electrical guy and did everything through him. Basically my cart is 8- 6v batteries and fully charged I think the meter was reading like 52.6 or so.

The other day the cart just died. It would make a sound like it was trying to move the motor but wouldn't turn the wheels. Then I noticed a wire that I think was running back to the controller was corroded at the positive end of my battery series a eaten through. That wire may have been going to my battery meter I honestly can't remember right now. I reconnected it and it fixed my problem. However I also cleaned every connection on the batteries at this time too. Now the cart is doing the same thing, yet that wire is connected. I was reading to test my solenoid. So I charged cart put in forward and used ohms to test the large terminals. What I was reading said I should get between 0 and 0.4 yet im getting readings of 198, 81, 15. Pretty much they are all over the place and not consistant. There is a very loud click when I press the gas, I'm about 100% its coming from the solenoid not the controller, but I could be wrong. I also changed over to volts and tested the small ends of the solenoid and got the same reading that my battery meter says 52.6.

My solenoid is a MZJ-400A/013.

I'm willing to test or replace whatever I need to. I just have no idea where to start. Please bear with me as the cart is over an hour away so if you have some suggestion it may take me a day or two to run up and test it out.

Thank you in advance of any of your help.
Jbc3902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2014, 06:13 PM   #2
Jbc3902
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Solenoid?

Anyone?
Jbc3902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:26 PM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

If just reconnecting that wire got the cart working again. Then you decided to clean the rest of your connections and after that it would not work? I would recheck all the connections you worked on. You may have failed to tighten a nut or screw. Also make sure they are all connected to the correct place. That is were I would start.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:22 PM   #4
crash test dummy

look under cart and see if a wire is hanging .. trust me it happens
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car