lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2009, 07:05 PM   #1
flashesbuck
Not Yet Wild

Default can the HEI conv be done to a 77

can the HEI be done to a 77 internal starter/ gener... the wiring diagram is for a newer cart but can i still do this? i have no spark on my motor.
flashesbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2009, 06:17 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: can the HEI conv be done to a 77

Won't work on points/condenser ignition
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
turbopower
Not Yet Wild

Hello you can actually use point to fire your HEI I done this before I love to tinker here is a link to a web site where a person done it http://www.geocities.com/loudgpz/GPZ...ForPoints.html
I done it much simpler than this person done it but you can do it either way this is how I done it first the points have to be gaped at what ever the manufacture sets them at they must open and close and make good contact I use a light connected from + on battery then the other end to the points I turn the motor over and make sure the light flashes then I know im good to go if it dosnt then you have to check points you must remove the condenser from the circuit
G goes to ground
W goes to points with condenser disconnected
B goes to + on coil and to + from ignition switch
C goes to -on coil
the module must be grounded and be on a heat sink of some kind aluminum works best hope this helps if you have any questions feel free to ask
turbopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
flashesbuck
Not Yet Wild

ok i got it, makes sence... that will take care of the spark... what about the charging curcuit? how is that set up or is the starting/charging the same thing, just the engine spins faster than the starting winding can crank and this causes it to charge...
Old 07-02-2009, 11:47 AM   #5
turbopower
Not Yet Wild

Hello im' not 100% on the starting charging theory but I believe what you stated is correct I believe I have scene on some wiring schematics that on some carts there is a starter cut out after it starts it removes power from the starter windings and just the generator part of the gen/starter is active I hope this helps
turbopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:15 PM   #6
flashesbuck
Not Yet Wild

i just wanted to report that what turbopower reported to me will not work on the ezgos... there need to be a singnal inverter used to invert the singnal from the points.... im working on it and should be about use it... ill let ya all know
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO