lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2008, 07:18 PM   #1
Joel
Not Yet Wild

Default help

Harley Davidson 2 stroke golf cart's muffler is hot...real hot, smoking. Purchased last fall and used it just it one time before the winter. Ran the cart completely out of gas. Cart is running poorly. Last fall it ran great. Put new fuel in it today, running but the motor is missing and the muffler is to hot. Mixed oil and gas at 1 1/2 oz per gal. Is that correct? What would cause the muffler to smoke (not the exhaust)? Do you think the muffler is totaly plugged and needs to be replaced?
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2008, 08:46 PM   #2
harleymansam
Getting Wild

Default Re: help

Sounds like something is in the muffler,try taking it off and running it without the muffler on.You can throw the muffler in some hot coals from a fire and let it "barbeque" all the crap out of it,or you can cut it open and see what may be inside.
harleymansam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:11 AM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

I'd recomend 1 oz to the gallon. Just my opinion. Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:05 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleymansam View Post
Sounds like something is in the muffler,try taking it off and running it without the muffler on.You can throw the muffler in some hot coals from a fire and let it "barbeque" all the crap out of it,or you can cut it open and see what may be inside.
Sounds like you may have had a mouse move into your muffler durring the winter...as for running like crap.....I have found that running engines out of gas is not a 100% sure way to remove all gas from the system to prevent shelacing. I prefer a little 'stabil' in my fall gas and a possible startup every month or two.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson