lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
BornOnFire
Not Yet Wild

Columbia

Default Another question about the VIN

Greetings! New member here. Just picked up my Par Cart and for the life of me, am having a hard time deciphering the VIN. I searched through the archives here and found the basic info on letter number combos and I even DL'ed the Colmumbia Service Manual PDF but I still have issues. My VIN seems to be odd.

I read fellow member "Tech Support's" posts where he can decipher origination mfg date etc...that's probably who will put me on the right path....so, here it is. The sticker/plate reads exactly like this:

P4G-SE
P4S11#0ZF1359

Any help would be appreciated.
If it's any consolation, the aluminum pulley on the drivers side axle has a sticker on it that reads "November 2005".

TIA!
BornOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
BornOnFire
Not Yet Wild

Columbia

Default Re: Another question about the VIN

Well, I will answer my own post I guess...

Looks like I have an '07 Special Edition with the 13 HP motor! BONUS!!!!
Old 05-08-2011, 01:23 PM   #3
BornOnFire
Not Yet Wild

Columbia

Here's some pics of the Cart. I put a bow on it and presented to my wife for Mother's Day! I know, I'm such a nice guy....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6117.jpg (52.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6119.jpg (41.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6122.jpg (69.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-09-2011, 08:11 AM   #4
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

You already know the most of it. The # sign meant it was build as a special, because we used the Hitachi starter/generator in lieu of the standard unit. The SE at the end meant it had the lift kit installed.

Last registered in Tuscon AZ, purchase date of 3/1/07.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
BornOnFire
Not Yet Wild

Columbia

Wow. Thanks so much for that.
I had no idea that there was a lift kit installed. I guess I didn't look hard enough. It does have the Over-sized DOT tires on it so maybe that's why the lift was installed? Is there any information as far as who it was sold/registered to? Unfortunately, the auction house did not provide the Title and I was hopefully going to try and hunt the original down before going on the long and grueling process of getting a Replacement title from the MVD. Thanks so much for your service to us Columbia owners on here. Very much appreciated by me and I'm sure the others as well. Do you recommend a resource for Par Cart after-market items such as seat belts, seat covers, etc... It's pretty much slim pickings out there in the inter-web land!

Sorry for all the questions...
Old 05-09-2011, 10:28 AM   #6
BornOnFire
Not Yet Wild

Columbia

Looked at the factory installed lift kit and it looks like a spacer lift setup. 1-1/2" spacer in front installed under the center leaf support and two 2" blocks under the axle at the shock perch in the rear.Does the installation of this kit also require extended knuckles and spindles in the front? This cart just keeps getting better and better!
Old 05-09-2011, 01:39 PM   #7
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

It's a general 2" lift kit on the SE. The SE is available as a street legal unit, which required the ability to put on larger tires, and therefore the lift. It required different spindles than the LE model.

It was originally sold through Modern Lift Inc, which sold to Beaudry RV in Tuscon. We didn't issue titles for non-street vehicles, just MCO's (Manuf Cert of Origin). It would have gone back to the dealer (Modern Lift in Tuscon (520-882-6380).

OEM parts have to pretty much come through a dealer (things like spindles which are manufactured specifically), but aftermarket items can be found from most of the site sponsors thorugh here. A seat belt is a seat belt kind of thing.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:09 PM   #8
BornOnFire
Not Yet Wild

Columbia

Thanks for the info on the MCO. Apparently, Beaudry never titled the vehicle. As you said, they only used it on-site and had no reason to title it. That being said, I spoke with a very helpful person at Modern Lift and they are going to do a search for the MCO for me and hopefully be able to transfer it. I promised them Coffee and Doughnuts for their efforts. If they can not find anything I don't know where I'll go next.....does Columbia provide duplicates for customers after the fact? Once again Tech Support, you are an invaluable asset to this site. Thanks a million.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:22 PM   #9
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

We can provide another MCO if needed back to the original dealer (Modern Lift). If your coffee and doughnuts work, you'd be good to go.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:04 PM   #10
BornOnFire
Not Yet Wild

Columbia

That's good news. Much appreciated. This will be interesting......I don't know what I will have to do to get this title-seeing that the original owner/company no longer exists. The court appointed "Colliers International" as Liquidating Trustee to "possess and control all Real property and Personal Property" yet GE Capital is the company who supposedly ordered the auction of assets.....so, I don't even know who technically "owns" the cart. The auction company washed their hands of it and told me they would write a bill of sale but that's about all. Can't blame them...what a nightmare!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar