lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2011, 08:56 PM   #11
CajunLoneWolf
The Pro in procrastinate!

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G8 Club - Please post!

Thanks bro with the whole loan a tool program and everyone asking about the clutch puller I thought for sure I was gonna have to break out the torch on that 19 year old clutch lol
CajunLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2011, 10:26 AM   #12
thecurti
The G8 wrecking ball

Yamaha

I have been to SML a few times, but not since I had to sell my Baby (the boat that is)

I sold this Club Car, I built, to a guy out that way somewhere
thecurti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #13
CajunLoneWolf

Yamaha

Wow Curti nice boat and cart I would have had trouble letting go of either of them

Mason your idea worked great!!!!!! Vice grips and an impact and the clutch came right off. I just pulled the motor out of the cart. I got the starter off so I can change the brushes. While its out the seals will be changed and I will give the whole thing a once over. Looking at the crank case side it's covered in oil so the seals need to be swapped. OK so honey do's Saturday cart on Sunday Oh and the clutch looks to be brand new I think I got lucky and they changed it right before I got it. The weights are still shiny
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Driven Clutch.jpg (129.4 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Crankcase.jpg (138.1 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Engine bay.jpg (89.3 KB, 42 views)
Old 06-08-2011, 04:15 PM   #14
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

Cajun, While you got the motor out, if it were me, I'd take EVERYTHING off the frame, pressure wash the sh*t out of it, inspect all joints, etc. for good welds, throw a bead of weld where needed, then prime and repaint the whole thing.

Now that I got mine all back together, I wished I had done this. Besides, it gives you the chance to check everything you take apart, and put back together again, to make sure everything is good. I know its a pain, but I think totally worth the effort!

Glad your clutch came off easy! I really enjoyed working on that peice. Be sure not to breath in that black dust in the starter/generator, its nasty stuff!
stuff4mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:29 PM   #15
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecurti View Post
I have been to SML a few times, but not since I had to sell my Baby (the boat that is)

I sold this Club Car, I built, to a guy out that way somewhere
Dang that boat looks familiar. When did you sell it? I sorta have this feeling I ran with that boat once or twice down the lake! (maybe at Anna??) VERY nice boat man. What motor did you have in there? I hate to ask this, but why did you get rid of it?

Here's mine. 23'5 Caravelle Interceptor
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010525.jpg (194.3 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #16
thecurti
The G8 wrecking ball

Yamaha

I got rid of it Nov. 09
I did a few poker runs at SML and Anna is the closest lake to my house. My home lake was Buggs, used to have a camper there(My dad has property there.
I loved that boat. Sunsation 288 with the Merc 500efi
Gas hit $4 a gallon, Boat payment, insurance and upkeep. Also Got married and bought a house. I plan on another boat, but just broke ground on my garage today

thecurti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #17
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

Sweet. Yea, I bet we did run at some point! What was her top speed?
Old 06-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #18
CajunLoneWolf

Yamaha

That is the agenda Mason. I also will be painting all the plastic cowls that I took off the motor and will acid and pressure wash the head and block. Might titey up the wiring in the engine compartment too
Old 06-08-2011, 07:25 PM   #19
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

Old 06-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #20
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunLoneWolf View Post
Wow Curti nice boat and cart I would have had trouble letting go of either of them

Mason your idea worked great!!!!!! Vice grips and an impact and the clutch came right off. I just pulled the motor out of the cart. I got the starter off so I can change the brushes. While its out the seals will be changed and I will give the whole thing a once over. Looking at the crank case side it's covered in oil so the seals need to be swapped. OK so honey do's Saturday cart on Sunday Oh and the clutch looks to be brand new I think I got lucky and they changed it right before I got it. The weights are still shiny
While you have it apart, would be a good idea to remove the side case and change the case gasket. Yes it looks like it's comeing from the crank seal, but a "blown" case gasket can give the same oil covered look and are more often the problem. Cheap insurance.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha