lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2012, 06:56 AM   #1
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

Default Float Charging

JohnnieB has some interesting info going on in another thread in Electric Ezgo that I wished to chime in sort of but did not want to hijack. I am really interested in the concept of this constant float charge as mentioned. Does anyone have a good recommendation on a float charger to use after my Power Drive 3 finishes?
8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2012, 07:03 AM   #2
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Float Charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-point View Post
JohnnieB has some interesting info going on in another thread in Electric Ezgo that I wished to chime in sort of but did not want to hijack. I am really interested in the concept of this constant float charge as mentioned. Does anyone have a good recommendation on a float charger to use after my Power Drive 3 finishes?
Your charger does do an equalizing charge toward the end of it's cycle. If you leave your charger plugged in after it is done charging it will turn back on when the voltage drops to a certain point automatically.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:20 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-point View Post
your charger is also a maintainer if you leave it plugged in.....when voltage drops to certain point charger will come on and top off........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

Hey, thanks guys. That is really a good feature this charger/cart has and I tried that method and it works well.
I was just checking to see what others were using in the way of maintaining a constant float at a voltage low enough as not to cause the batteries to gas but to make up for the 1% or so daily voltage loss. (something like that )
8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car