lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
dans8555
Not Yet Wild

Default Melix golf cart runs slow up hill

Just bought a Model 212 Melex. When charged runs strong on level. Tried to go up hill on our driveway and power almost went to a stop, just barely made it to the top. Once back on level cart ran fine. Is the motor just old? Or what could be the problem?
dans8555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2008, 01:41 PM   #2
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: Melix golf cart runs slow up hill

Welcome to the forum dans8555................

Sounds like weak batteries. You might check the dates on the batteries. That usually tells lots if they are old, around 5 years.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:49 PM   #3
dans8555
Not Yet Wild

Thank you Rusty, I am new to having a cart and new to BGW, which I expect to be using a lot. Where would I look on the battery for the date and even after full charge is there some type of meter that I can check the strength of each battery? If it is as simple as getting new batteries to run strong would be good, but expensive.

While I am at it in questions, when stepping on the gas/go peddal most of the time the cart moves, occassionally nothing happens until I repeat pressing up/down then it will "catch". Would this be the accellerator switch?
dans8555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:55 PM   #4
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

On most batteries the dates are in a code on the round lead pad attached to the battery stud/post. Look for something like 2 03. this would mean February of 2003 give us the numbers. On some batteries, there are other numbers on the other post pads too.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex