lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2008, 01:02 PM   #1
jmsilk
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2000 Western 42v wiring diagram

In my zeal to clean the battery terminals I forgot to mark the wires so that I would remember which terminal each wire goes to. This is a 2000 Western, with seven batteries, headlights, radio, battery gauge, horn, etc., therefore several wires. The wires I need to reconnect are blue, black, red, red/white and the two red ones that come from the fuse holder. I've seen the EZ GO wiring diagram for the six battery set, but it doesn't have the same number of wires. I found a thread from April 08 regarding this, with some helpful information from Bhfear, but it didn't include the wiring information. Would appreciate any assistance.
jmsilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2014, 09:04 PM   #2
Bbrisco84
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Re: 2000 Western 42v wiring diagram

di d you ever figure out the wiring. I did the same exact thing you did and i cant figure it out ive been working on it for days just trying to get the wiring right.. the 7 batteries is something ive never seen,,., help if you figured it out thanks
Bbrisco84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:01 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 Western 42v wiring diagram

The 7 batteries cable up the same as 6 batteries do. No mystery here.
Connect (+) to (-) from one end of the pack to the other. Use your meter to verify you have 42v (or more) between the main (+) and main (-) to insure you have done this correctly.

The small gauge wires supply 12v to accessories. Headlights may be 12v or 36v so a few cell phone pics before you started would be priceless now.
Lets assume everything is 12v (safe starting place). You should use a 48 to 12v reducer but that's another topic of discussion. Assuming you do not have one because Western didn't install them for cost reasons ...

Use your meter to find 12v on your battery pack. Place the red test lead on main (+) and go 2 batteries away to (-) you should read 12-13v.
Note you can find 12v by testing across any 2 batteries in the pack.

Assume the small red wires with fuse are (+) and put them on the main (+) terminal and hold one of the black wires to the (-) terminal where you read 12v with your meter. Have an assistant test the lights or trunk latch or fan... repeat the process for the other black wires. Connect the black wires that make 12v stuff work at this terminal.

I hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 05:13 PM   #4
don hiatt
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2000 Western 42v wiring diagram

need wiring diagram for forward reverse microswitches on my 94 western elegante golf cart-- or micro switch wiring on ezgo microswitches
western frame number 10003411571
don hiatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts