lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #1
scottrf
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Chrageing Issues

Hello I am new here. I was looking for info on how to repair my old cart and found this. Maybe someone can help.
I have an old ez go electric cart. It has worked really well until I had to let it sit for quite a long time. I went and got it today and hooked up the charger and it wouldn't come on. After I read some threads on here I realized the voltage has to be a certain volts before the charger will come on. I have checked each battery and have come up with 2.3 volts on each one. I read where I can charge two six volt batteries at the same time to get the voltage up on them. I think I will try that.
But my question is will sitting a long time hurt the batteries and how do I know if they are good? I take it that I hook up the two batteries with connector wires positive to positive and negative to negative then put the charger on one of the batteries and it will charge both. Am I correct on this one? Thanks for any and all comments made on this. It is greatly appreciated. Gotta learn somehow.
scottrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2008, 06:32 PM   #2
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: Chrageing Issues

Welcome to the forum scottrf..................

NO! Not Correct! I have good news. It's much easier than that.

Just pick out 2 batteries in the series and connect the 12 volt charger red to positive of the 1st battery, and of course black to negative of the 2nd battery.

You don't disconnect or change any wires. When finished with the first set, continue to the next 2 batteries.

Its best to start at the first 2 batteries, where they connect to the cart wiring.

Also Clean & Tighten all large cables!!!! You may even need to replace the cables if they are eaten up with corrosion. You'll be glad you did.

Let us know..............
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:48 AM   #3
Jibba
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Also make sure there is plenty of water in each cell. If you have to fill with distilled water to about an 1/8th" above the lead plates.
Jibba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:57 AM   #4
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum Jibba......................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:09 PM   #5
scottrf
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I want to thank you all for the suggestions. It took a bit of doing but I finaly got the batteries charged up to where the 36 volt charger would come on. Now everything is doing great!! I wouldnt have been able to get it done without your help.
Thanks again!!!
scottrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO