lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2024, 02:52 PM   #1
tsmith_co
Getting Wild

Default Time to go to lithium - what setup for me?

I've got a 2000 36v series ezgo that I converted and upgraded in 2020.

It's now got 22" tires, 5" lift, using 48v flooded, a Lester Summit ii charger installed onboard, and an alltrax sr48500 controller with proper solenoid. I left in the stock 36v motor as I wanted torque and didn't care about speed.

I can't seem to find info on if the lester summit ii has profiles for lithium batteries or not, but I'm just starting that search. Ideally, I'd like to just replace batteries and maintain everything else - but I understand if the charger just won't work.

from reading, it also seems like I may have to change the alltrax to limit the amp draw based on the new batteries.

for those that have experience in this, what path would you recommend here?
Here's the cart upgrade I did in 2020 - https://tsmith.co/golf-cart-project/
tsmith_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2024, 04:18 PM   #2
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Time to go to lithium - what setup for me?

There are a lot of lithium options available. Your Alltrax is very adjustable for lithium use. The Lester battery charger will not work for lithium so plan on buying a lithium charger from whoever you bet the battery from, theyíre usually not as expensive as the Lester. You might want to describe how you intend to use your cart. How many miles do you want to be able to drive it per day? Do you have hills? Do you pull a trailer or haul heavy loads? I like the idea of Epoch lithium batteries because you can build a pack to meet your needs 30 amp hours at a time. Amp hours equals the range or run time you will get.

Converting to 48 volts was your best decision. If you want more torque for little money I would suggest the Plum Quick Bandit upgrade. They claim 25% increase in torque and it felt significant by the seat of my pants and gained about 3 mph. Definitely the best bang for the buck!
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium