lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2008, 04:27 PM   #11
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Headlight problems for EZGO gas Sport ST 01'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffspiel View Post
also.. horn is on the same fuse box, it works... of all things, the horn. Jeeze.... Like I was wondering, aside from the fuses, key switch etc... any relays or rectifier could be a problem?? Thanks... rob
I'm guessing nothing else there, I can't be sure what someone has done to a cart I know nothing about or have never seen. Factory setup is pretty straight forward unless you have blinkers, goes from battery to the fuse to the key switch to the lights. The wiring diagrams are in the manuals in the tech section. my guess would be bad connection or wire or switch in that order.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2008, 05:36 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Can I suggest you pull the switch out of the dash turn to lights on and with a test light see if your light terminals are hot on the switch.....On mine it was dead at the switch. I had power for ignition but, nothing at the lights = a bad switch .... so I just added a light switch ....... or buy a new OEM ignition. Bet that's it?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:25 PM   #13
ffspiel
Not Yet Wild

Scott,
I'll check the hot off the switch, but it's a NEW switch; just put it in as part of the diagnosing process. It's got me stumped, I've gone through the connections, everything appears to be in order except for one set of the lights not getting power; it's been a couple of days since I've looked at the circuit, but it's either the headlight or the yellow amber light wiring sets that are without power. I'm guessing both need to have power for the circuit to be complete, but I'm not sure where the connection problem/short is located. Since one of the wire circuits are sending power, I'm also guessing the (new) switch is hot and operating correctly. I'll post my findings in a few days, thanks for the feedback, folks. ~ rob
ffspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:16 PM   #14
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Both headlight bulbs were bad on one I was working on.
What are you finding with the meter? Following the curcuit with a meter will smoke out the problem.
One thing I like to do with curcuits is start in the middle. that way you have half checked, from middle to end or middle to beginning and a 50% head start.
but that's just me.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 07:04 AM   #15
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Are the lights shot? You can run 12v pigtail straight to the two wire posts on the back of each light, should come on if the bulbs are good. You need 12 volts for these lights...I've tried with less, and they won't come on. Assuming both bulbs are functional, you have a blue wire with white stripe that runs from the fuse box up to the back of the ignition switch, another similar wire that leaves that switch and goes out to the light circuit connectors and two each light. You then have ground wires that come together and tie to a common ground. Assuming all the wires are connected, and both bulbs work, it would have to be the common ground wire for the light circuit, or any functional bulbs would come one. If the one common ground isn't good, all lights won't work.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 07:26 AM   #16
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Look at the post dates JP. It's an old thread been spammed!
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO