lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2007, 09:10 PM   #21
LDOGGYDIZZLE
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Steering slop and stuff..........

Shims huh? Genius!

And you now you have no slop at all?

I might just try that. Im still waiting to see if seller will pay for the part. I may just do it for the mean time. But theres also slop inside the rack. You can wiggle the wheel back and forth without the big arm and brass bushing even moving. As soon as you get past the rack slop then the arm slop comes into play.
LDOGGYDIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2007, 09:30 PM   #22
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Some of that slop could be coming from the steering joint...not actually a joint but a slot with a bolt going through it where the steering shaft attaches to the input of the steering box. Ours was a little sloppy untill we tightened it up a little more.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:43 AM   #23
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a used 2004 ez-go txt front weldment and complete steering!!!!!!
tungpo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:04 AM   #24
BurningCart
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I must confess, the shims weren't my idea. A guy that was helping me fix my cart at deer camp noticed the small amount of play and suggested a big washer or something to shim up the gap. I went in search of such a washer and didn't find one, but I did find some shims on McMaster Carr. The genuis credit belongs to him. He is a mechanic for Catapillar and works on all the broken toys at deer camp. Nice guy to have around.
BurningCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:30 PM   #25
LDOGGYDIZZLE
Not Yet Wild

Guys,

Im getting a little resistance from the seller to repair this problem.

Heres a link to the listing/golf cart I purchased:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=003

Do you guys think the price paid is worth it IF there were no problems?

Now if he would have disclosed the steering problem what do you think bidding would have gotten to?

The seller believes he could have gotten more. Therefore he is only willing to pay $100 toward part.

Since it wasnt disclosed, do you all think I should report to paypal/ebay?
Old 09-05-2007, 03:35 PM   #26
ruredy
Born Wild

Cart prices very depending on location so its hard to say just what it would sell for, it seem to me like a good price for a lifted cart. The snow plow is different, don't push anything heavy with it, its only held to the cart by the front springs.
I get the impression you really don't know whats wrong with the steering or what it would take to correct the problem. You seem set on replacing the whole steering box. Even in good shape those steering setups have some amount of play in them. For a 98 that was made to drive around an ill-designed snow plow setup I would expect no less than some wore out steering componets.
It seems to me the seller is trying to be fare, I know what the rack sells for if thats the problem(thats my guess). He seems to deal with boats not carts, maybe he was thinking the cart should steer like a boat, who knows. Without knowing whats wrong with the steering its very hard to say, it could be as simple as replacing a bushing
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:10 PM   #27
LDOGGYDIZZLE
Not Yet Wild

Ruredy,

I maybe a newbie to this forum/carts. But Ive been building, preping and racing race cars for almost 12 years. This would include fabrication, wiring, engine building, transmission building, instalation and engine managment tunning. Ultimatly, in 2006, we were fortunate enough to win the EP SCCA national Championship. Also, I am currently a manufacturing production supervisor within Engine & Transmission Exchange with over 15 years experience in automotive repair and manufacturing.

Still get the impression I dont know whats wrong? Dont be so quick to pass judgment.

I know how it should be fixed, is fixed right. Im not going to try to rebuild something with new parts with a worn out housing. I could rig it, but I dont want to, I dont rig anything I own. What Id like to do is build a nice clean cart. Therefore I looked for a nice donor and this is it, except for the steering box. It really is spotless.

But when I sell something I dont try to pass off something like this and say, "What do you expect? Its 10 years old and has a plow on it." Especially when it was described as a well kept and clean cart with no problems.

Anyone want to buy this lift thats currently on the cart? Ive already ordered a A-arm lift.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:33 PM   #28
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

*** well hello!!!!!
tungpo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:55 PM   #29
LDOGGYDIZZLE
Not Yet Wild

And yes, East Coast Custom Carts does have the best price on steering boxes!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2007, 05:29 PM   #30
ruredy
Born Wild

I wasn't passing judgement, based on the limited facts I have I was giving you my opinion. That is what I thought you were asking for. Not everyone that comes here and asks for help has the background you say you have. Its impossible and would be irresponsible to say yes, you need a new steering box without seeing as much as a pic of it. For a golf cart that runs 20mph (slower than a go cart) replacing the rack and bushing is a normal repair.
If you feel the seller has misrepresented the cart then you should take the appropriate action.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO