lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2021, 10:23 AM   #1
ShrunkenMonsters
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Need valve sizes/specs to cross reference.

I’m going to cross reference the sizes and specs to attempt to find some titanium valves from a Suzuki motorcycle to lower the valve weight and increase durability and possibly raise the rpm limit. Need the specs for both the intake and exhaust valves. Any help would be appreciated.
ShrunkenMonsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2021, 11:15 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Need valve sizes/specs to cross reference.

Which motor?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:00 PM   #3
ShrunkenMonsters
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry about that, for an eh29c 96 model if that matters.
Old 04-11-2021, 08:17 PM   #4
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Any gains in RPM would be lost unless you replace the ignitor. It has a built in rev limiter. There were ignitors made for one year, 1991 I think. Good luck finding one, and if you do, expect to pay a bunch. The other option is a HEI setup, but I've only heard of limited success using them. I know the later MCI models were supposed to have automatic adjustable timing as part of their performance enhancement to give better efficiency through the RPM range, but I know they don't work with pre-MCI engines, and also have a rev limiter built in.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 11:32 AM   #5
ShrunkenMonsters
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have already completed a HEI conversion, and it works great, but at around 5,500-6k I start to get valve float. Instead of going with stronger springs to handle the higher RPM (and add further strain to the valve train) I was going to lighten thes load for it. There’s extensive modifications coming in the near future (efi, vz21 intercooled turbo or amr300 supercharger, and possible a small Honda grom nitrous spray to spool the turbo if I go that route). I’m going to be doing quite a bit of weird stuff to it and I’m not horribly worried about the consequences or cost. It’s just a hobby that I do and rebuilding is part of the fun.
Old 04-12-2021, 12:48 PM   #6
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrunkenMonsters View Post
I have already completed a HEI conversion, and it works great, but at around 5,500-6k I start to get valve float. Instead of going with stronger springs to handle the higher RPM (and add further strain to the valve train) I was going to lighten thes load for it. There’s extensive modifications coming in the near future (efi, vz21 intercooled turbo or amr300 supercharger, and possible a small Honda grom nitrous spray to spool the turbo if I go that route). I’m going to be doing quite a bit of weird stuff to it and I’m not horribly worried about the consequences or cost. It’s just a hobby that I do and rebuilding is part of the fun.
Awesome. Just sharing that the ignitor is a limiter with regard to RPM...some folks are not aware. Would love to follow along with the build. I'm sure a lot of folks would be interested in your HEI setup since it works. Ignitors have gotten prohibitively expensive and the HEI setup would help a bunch of folks out, not to mention the potential for RPM gains. As I recall, there was a guy out west that did a supercharger on one, actually built and sold the components to others until he passed away, and he used the stock rods/piston setup. Seems like they hold up well to the RPM torture...just the valvetrain that is suspect. Good luck with it.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 05:06 PM   #7
ShrunkenMonsters
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah, FastFred was the s**t. I know that he’d know the specs. He lathed his own stainless valves and sourced stiffer springs to help with the increase in RPM as he made his own MSD ignition that now costs too much for our carts. He was running 10psi in his eh29c or eh35c (I can’t remember) for over 10yrs at 7k RPM. I’ve read nearly everything I could find on him. And there’s a few others that have supercharged using an AMR300 from kei cars from Japan. I’m currently taking the head off the motor to see what we’re dealing with. I’ve been lurking in the shadows of this site for quite a while soaking up all the info I can get from it, but I need to start asking questions. Golfcarguy used to replace the valves with titanium valves from a Suzuki motorcycle back in the 90’s when he used to do maintenance on the carts for a golf course, if I can get everything spec’d out I can figure out what all is needed to swap over to titanium valves, titanium keepers, and titanium collets (which will all be stronger and reduce the weight in the valve train thus allowing the cart to be a little more efficient with the valves thus allowing for more RPM without having to go with stiffer springs that’ll cause more wear in the valve train). And of course as soon as I have all the information to pass on, I will. Main specs that I need are the total height of the valves in mm, the collet specs, and the distance from the top of the valve, the bottoms of the dish sizes for both the intake and exhaust valves and if I’m not mistaken I think that the angle is at 45 degrees. I’m pretty sure the stem width is 5.5mm as well. I’m sure somebody on here will be able to help me. And if I end up just buying new stock valves in the meantime I’ll post the specs while I go to cross reference for the titaniums.
Old 04-15-2021, 07:31 PM   #8
ShrunkenMonsters
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, so I didn’t have to take off the head. I changed out the valve stem seals and the cart is not smoking anymore. Also noticed that I’ve been lashing my valves at 0.004 in instead of 0.04 mm. So I did the intake valves at 0.04 mm and exhaust valves at 0.05 mm. Still need the sizes of dishes for intake and exhaust, total height to collet, and total height of valve. Can anyone help me!?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO