lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2010, 01:35 AM   #1
Skimp
Not Yet Wild

Default Good deal? 01 EZGO Workhorse

Hey guy's im looking for my first cart and swaying towards a workhorse... I really just want a cart to screw around with in the neighborhood, and maybe treck through a few inches of mud. I have been looking for a bit and came across http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/for/1539111715.html .. Does this seem like a good deal? I talked to the gentlemen today and he said it is in excellent running cond. The body looks a little dented to me, unless it is just the bed. Are these bodies metal or plastic? Also, the cart has the 350cc motor in it.
How fast can you get these running without burning too much money in parts? Im planning on lifting it 4-6" to fit 22's or 23's.
Will this cart be able to run 25-28mph with some work done on the bigger tires? Since I'm not lugging stuff around much, but could defiantly use a bed if its there, are there any other advantages of the workhorse? Different suspension, different weight, takes more abuse, bigger motor, etc etc etc?
Thanks in advanced!
-Bobby
Skimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2010, 01:41 AM   #2
Skimp
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Good deal? 01 EZGO Workhorse

Also looking at http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/rvs/1529638435.html
This cart looks like its in rough / dirty condition but already has a lift / bigger wheels / etc.... Does this thing probably have just as big of a motor in it, or would it have a 295... If it has the 295, is it lighter then the workhorse, or somehow just as quick?
Old 01-09-2010, 07:31 AM   #3
capthump1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Location: (winter) Homosassa,Fl / (summer) Bayonne,N.J./ Port Jervis, N.Y.

Bob, the bed is made of steel sections. The body on the back, under the seat is steel, the front cowl is plastic. I notice in the picture the seat back and mounting brackets that hold it to seat bottom are missing. You can get it run 20 mph just by adjusting the governor. Theres a thread about it in the ezgo gas tech section. Oh yea, ask about the roof and the steel guard that goes around the front cowl, maybe he took it off and still has it.

Last edited by capthump1; 01-09-2010 at 07:34 AM.. Reason: i don't spel so goad
capthump1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:28 AM   #4
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

I'm kinda fond of workhorses, that one seems like a decent deal for my area.
Like capthump1 said, it looks like it's missing the seat back and supports.

The advantage to the workhorse is longer wheel base and the 350 motor. The other one has a 295.

Good luck
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:12 AM   #5
ruredy
Born Wild

I really like workhorse carts but that one looks pretty rough, I mean it's missing half the seat and looks like someone beat it with a baseball bat. I wouldn't go over $1000 for it if that. if it was in decent shape then it would be worth the asking price but it's not and I've only seen one side of it. This is only my opinion and in todays market I'm sure you could do better than that. The other cart looks to be a good deal from the small pics, I guess it has a 295 in it but there's no telling without looking.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:43 PM   #6
capthump1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Found this one on ebay, not too far from you. Hell, I went from Homosassa to Hollywood to get mine.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EZ-GO...ltDomainQ5f100
Old 01-10-2010, 03:51 PM   #7
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Although I like Workhorse carts - I'd go for the lifted TXT. That Workhorse had to have been used as a Ball Picker and I'll bet the motor / clutches are nearly shot. The white cart is already lifted, tires / wheels, dash kit, extended top and more.

Just take a compression gauge with you and test the motor out.

The workhorse is toast - $750.00 tops, because nothing is right in it except for the new parts the seller added IMO...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #8
Skimp
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info guys... I defiantly won't be going for that workhorse.
Did the txt's come with 350's and 295's? I called the guy but he wasnt sure which his was. Would $1600 be a steal, or just an avg deal for that cart? I feel like in this economy I should be able to find a steal. (based on if the compression is good etc)
Is it not really worth it if its the 9hp motor? I want to get the cart going pretty fast. (30mph ish)
Where can he find the info on the motor. I told him it should be on the plate where it says max weight etc.... I told him I believe it was located under the seat..
Old 01-10-2010, 05:48 PM   #9
capthump1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

On the black plastic plate behind the air box. From the front on the left side of the carb. Behind the dip stick. It will say Robins EH-35 or EH-29.

Last edited by capthump1; 01-10-2010 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: Went out and looked!
Old 01-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #10
Skimp
Not Yet Wild

Ahh just heared from the owner. the txt is a 295cc... Is it hard to get these things going fast? (hard = expensive...... )

Tags
my first cart! help, questions inside
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO