lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2010, 10:14 PM   #1
mr_udy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Limited Slip Installation

Anyone install one of these? Easy enough for home mechanic? Whats involved? Do I need any parts (fluid/gaskets) while I'm doing it? If I do it, I'll take photos and do a step-by-step install...

I am interested in the Plowmans unit for my 2000 ST350.
mr_udy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #2
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Limited Slip Installation

Not sure on ezgo but have put one in a yamaha. I think there the same thou. The directions from Plowman's are real good and if you don't understand it they will help you. The only thing you will need should be gasket maker and gear oil for posi-traction or the addictive for posi's. You will also need to have the spider gears flattened on 1 side. A machine shop or head shop can handle that.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:52 PM   #3
muleman
Not Yet Wild

i hope someone answers with pics. i wanna do mine but wanna know whats involved first.
muleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:39 PM   #4
mr_udy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I'll look into it more...contact Plowmans' about the install. I am catching alot of flack for buying a "lifted golf cart" and do not want to succumb to the negative opinions by getting stuck and having to ask for help. This, along with a winch are 1st up...

...with that said, I have no idea of what to expect out of its capability...with or w/o the limited slip. My only experience with a golf cart so far is on an actual golf course.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:25 PM   #5
jahaiap
Getting Wild
Club Car

I would ''experience it'' first before you spend your hard earned dollars on a lsd kit. I thought I would need it in my club car and I really dont. I have the 420 clone in it and 26'' Kenda Bear Claws and it will throw rooster tails from both tires in mud. When I climb a hill with it the power kinda alternates between the tires, but it almost always spins botht the whole way up. Deep sugar sand is where you might really want to think about the lsd kit. It seems like in the really soft and deep stuff it will favor one wheel and spin that one down to the axle some times. If you dont end up needing the lsd kit you can spend that money some bolt on upgrade to get youre motor breathing better

James
jahaiap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:04 AM   #6
ruredy
Born Wild

My cart has a mechanical locking rear on it, has a lever to engage it. A good set of tires will serve you better than a lsd will. After I put the mudbug tires on my cart I hardly ever use the locker rear. (When I say "good" I mean big, big, big, 25"-27" aggressive lugs taller than an inch not some wussy little lug tires cause you'll still get stuck with those.) My cart will just walk through (one legged) places where i've been stuck (locker engaged) on stryker tires.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:22 AM   #7
wrenflyer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
My cart has a mechanical locking rear on it, has a lever to engage it. A good set of tires will serve you better than a lsd will. After I put the mudbug tires on my cart I hardly ever use the locker rear. (When I say "good" I mean big, big, big, 25"-27" aggressive lugs taller than an inch not some wussy little lug tires cause you'll still get stuck with those.) My cart will just walk through (one legged) places where i've been stuck (locker engaged) on stryker tires.

What tires are those on your green cart?
wrenflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:30 AM   #8
ruredy
Born Wild

27"tall 12"wide maxxis mudbugs
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:34 AM   #9
wrenflyer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
27"tall 12"wide maxxis mudbugs
wrenflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:00 PM   #10
mr_udy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Good advice on both trying it as-is and getting some mud tires. I'd like to keep the ATs for use around the yard but I'm gonna keep an eye out for something like those Maxxis Mudders for playin'

Thanks for the tips!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO