lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2014, 06:24 AM   #1
kend
Not Yet Wild

Default G 16 rear tire wear

I have a 2001 Yamaha G 16 with a 6 inch lift 22 x 11 12 sahara classic tires the rear tires are wearing on the inner and outer shoulders excessively front tires are in great shape what could be causing this
I measured the axle from the front of the frame where the swing arm attaches to the axle tube on both sides and it seems like it's in line could be inflation it says to run a maximum of five PSI is that not enough
kend is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2014, 06:37 AM   #2
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Default Re: G 16 rear tire wear

That would have been my guess. Underinflation.
KillerCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:35 PM   #3
duramax
Gone Wild

yes add more air
duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:11 PM   #4
kend
Not Yet Wild

ok how much is everyone running
if it says max psi. 5 what should i run in my sahara classic my tires are getting pretty torn up
Old 06-10-2014, 07:40 PM   #5
duramax
Gone Wild

when they shipped mine they had 25 psi I assume to set the beads I lowered to 12 psi
duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:57 AM   #6
kend
Not Yet Wild

Maybe it's a weight distribution thing
But my front tires look brand new even with the hillbilly out of alignment lift kit
I'll try 12 psi and put some chalk or crayon on my tires and see how they look after a few miles
Thanks
Old 06-11-2014, 07:15 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

That is for a light atv. Most times you want to run 12psi like lawn equipment does. You can run less in the fronts because they have less weight on them. I run 6-8 in the front and 12-15 in the rear depending on what I haul in the dump box. It steers better that way and ride is fairly good. If I run less it would slow the cart down with stock power. If I run more in the front the fronts slide in hard corners. I still run the same with the clone engine.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:19 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
That is for a light atv. Most times you want to run 12psi like lawn equipment does. You can run less in the fronts because they have less weight on them. I run 6-8 in the front and 12-15 in the rear depending on what I haul in the dump box. It steers better that way and ride is fairly good. If I run less it would slow the cart down with stock power. If I run more in the front the fronts slide in hard corners. I still run the same with the clone engine.
I agree. I try to keep mine between 10 and 12 psi. Front scrubs a little, but a lot less drag and more "pep". I have 22x11.0-10 Innovas, they say 12 psi on the side, i think they are great for an affordable tire.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha