lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2014, 08:46 PM   #1
Oracle of Ferndale
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G1 busted drive clutch

I went to change the clutch-side crank seal on my 1980 G1 a la http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...yamaha-g1.html. At step five, I put a three-leg clutch puller on and tightened up until the dang thing busted nearly in half. The only replacement parts I see online include the whole clutch (http://www.bakerscartsupply.com/driv...h-9038-b29.php) and cost $344.62. Is there anywhere I can buy just the inner clutch plate for a better price?
Oracle of Ferndale is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2014, 06:05 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 busted drive clutch

There's not much you can do now except replace the clutch. Maybe you can find a used one. Step 5 didn't specify what kind of puller to use. As you found out a jaw type puller is not the way to go. This is a Yamaha clutch puller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $(KGrHqVHJEoFD0My(NeUBRCqDrW1S!~~60_57.JPG (163.8 KB, 0 views)
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:08 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

In step 5 it does say to use a "clutch puller" not a "3 jaw gear puller". The clutch puller tool can be purchased for $35-$50. Check with our sponsors page, any one of them will have what you need.

Your next purchase will be a clutch. You can find them used for around $100-$150, or new for $300. Post an ad here in the "Parts" section that you need a clutch for your cart, specify what cart. You'll get some responses.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:15 PM   #4
ferdabutt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I have a g1 clutch for sale if you would be interested. I also have the bolt/puller I would be willing to let go just shoot me a price...
ferdabutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:52 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Yeah never do anything with the sheaves on a CVT, they are weak and only do the job of holding the belt. They bend or break easily, even a little bend makes them junk. You can only mess with the hub on the shaft when it comes to removal.

Other 4 cycle clutches will work on a G1, though on a lifted one they might hit the frame as they tend to be larger. They do run about the same rpm. Earlier this year 94c (duster) clutches were on sale all over for about 200. Its a 30mm taper clutch for a 1 3/16 belt, but you need the golf cart model to get the generator sheave (pulley) on it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha