lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2015, 02:52 PM   #1
c.j.
Not Yet Wild

Default Speaker and Amp install

I am buying an 07 TXT tonight, where is the best place to mount an amp? and aside from under the seat where your calves are where else can I put speakers?

Also any ideas for a cooler holder?
c.j. is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2015, 02:56 PM   #2
jfsegar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Speaker and Amp install

People buy a dash kit that already has the speaker cutouts built in. They also make one that mounts on the roof near the mirrors. Others will mount them between the front and rear seat above the engine cover.

Amp - I'd mount in the battery tray area.

Are you running this through a voltage reducer?
jfsegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:48 PM   #3
c.j.
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsegar View Post
People buy a dash kit that already has the speaker cutouts built in. They also make one that mounts on the roof near the mirrors. Others will mount them between the front and rear seat above the engine cover.

Amp - I'd mount in the battery tray area.

Are you running this through a voltage reducer?
That's my next question is what will I need to do to wire an amp in. Do I need a separate battery? or upgrade to a better one?
c.j. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:38 AM   #4
hardint
Not Yet Wild

Personally I did Not want to give up the dash side pockets or the foot egress for the pods for speakers and mind you it's in process , I intend to put two speakers below the seat one on both sides of the F/R switch and hopefully two in the black cover area under the seat back area. My head unit is mounted in the center with a fabricated metal bracket,as I wanted to the visibility of the display & ease of access . I have a Gator with it over head and I can't see the display clearly or the controls are not as user friendly as the typical automotive location.
My amp is small enough to fit with the radio in the dash.
I can't help with the electric question as mine is a gas cart but I know a larger battery will replace the stock unit when it fails.
These or JMO's only not knocking anyone else's choice of installations. I would add pictures if I knew how or had it finished,To Many Projects ongoing !!!
hardint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:52 AM   #5
jfsegar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I just realized this is a gas cart. You can hook it up straight to the battery and dont need a Voltage Reducer. Put the amp in the battery area if its too big to fit behind the dash.

I mounted my 2 speakers below the seat near my calves on both of my previous carts and loved it. The sound was really loud and had no issues hearing it while driving and talking. Pretty easy to install with a hole saw attachment and a drill.
jfsegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:48 AM   #6
rammunition361
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I am building a sheet metal plate to go under the cup holders I will mount 5 1/4" speakers to the plate, cut out the plastic and drill the plate to the dash. Something I found out last night after fishing wires through little holes everywhere. the cup holders pop out! id mount amp on drivers side beside batts. good luck
rammunition361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO