lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2015, 02:35 PM   #11
OlrustysGhost
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1991 ezgo 2 stroke fuel problems

Just and update for the person with fuel problems. new bearings and seals in and the engine back together and installed. It fired right up. I had to adjust to carb a little to smooth it out. No problem at all at low speeds now .
OlrustysGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2015, 04:36 PM   #12
Seanmharr
Not Yet Wild

Thanks everybody for the help. I wasn't the one who cleaned the carb initially so I figured I'd clean it out thoroughly with wire and torch as suggested so I cracked it open and it was relatively clean to my surprise (no hole was blocked or gunked up) so I was bummed out thinking it's gotta be the crank seals as mentioned but then when I was putting it back together I realized that the bottom bolt (number 12 on that diagram I think) on the float bowl must be aligned with the open notch on the down stem pickup or whatever you wanna call it. So I made sure that was aligned properly then put it back on the cart and presto! No choke needed. Glad it was so simple but I can see how that's overlooked.

To answer the question about part #15, I think it's the float bowl breather idk not sure, anybody know?

Anyways I changed out the oil and put new stuff in n cleaned the lines out and didn't think the oil pump was working or something so I mixed the gas tank with the oil and now I've realized the oil feed is working ( guess it takes a minute to get to the intake manifold).. Now I gotta get that stuff out of there.. siphon time lol.

Also is there a governor on this cart, if so how do I go about adjusting it?
Seanmharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:31 AM   #13
DevilsBish0p
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Did you check the fuel pump, mine sat for 4 years and mine was all gumed up.
DevilsBish0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO