lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2015, 02:05 PM   #11
rib33024

Default Re: Converting g1 cart to sawmill any help

What is the compression on this engine?. When is the last time the engine has been rebuilt? have you ever changed the crank seals ?
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2015, 02:22 PM   #12
georgia088
Gone Wild

Default Converting g1 cart to sawmill any help

I haven't done a compression test. I've had the cart for about 4 years and 2-3 of those it has been parked not being used. I don't know prior to that what had been done to the motor, but I would guess it has never been rebuilt. If the crank seals are bad would it make the motor run bad or just lose horsepower? How difficult is it to change the crank seals? How can I test the crank seals? I have read a few posts about it but how time consuming and difficult is it to do? Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
georgia088 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:40 PM   #13
georgia088
Gone Wild

Alright. Looking for more help. I am still unable to get motor to run like its supposed to. I'm about ready to give up on the motor and buy a harbor freight motor and put in its place. But, this is what all I've done. I did hook up a fuel pump to rule out the gravity feed problem and it runs the same (lot of popping from exhaust). I ordered a carburetor and put on and it; no change. I reconnected the oil reservoir/pump and ran gas with no oil; no change. I checked the compression and it was around 125 psi. Both the new and old carbs are spitting gas out where the breather goes instead of sucking. I keep reading about the crank seal but would they be bad with compression reading 125 psi? And two. Don't know that I would want to spend time or money to fix them if they were bad. How difficult is it? I am beginning to lean toward putting new horizontal shaft motor on, and will probably need tons of help if I go that route! Thanks for all of your help!

Old 04-29-2015, 07:25 PM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

A 2cycle "reed" motor spitting fuel would send me right to inspecting/replacing reeds.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 07:40 PM   #15
georgia088
Gone Wild

If reed valves need replacing would that make compression be lower that 125 psi? Thanks for answering.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:43 PM   #16
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia088 View Post
If reed valves need replacing would that make compression be lower that 125 psi? Thanks for answering.

I dont believe so.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:46 PM   #17
georgia088
Gone Wild

How difficult would it be to replace reed valves? For someone that isn't a mechanic.. Lol

Old 04-30-2015, 01:11 AM   #18
cgtech

Yamaha

Quite easy, the 4 bolts that hold the black rubber intake and carb onto the engine also hold the reeds.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:39 AM   #19
georgia088
Gone Wild

Default Converting g1 cart to sawmill any help

Thanks! Is there a way I can check to see if the reeds are bad?

Also, just to be sure I have everything connected right; when oil injector pump is bypassed, (I'm running at 50::1 when oil pump is bypassed) I have the fuel supply line to carb and small oil line that's on the same side of carb connected. That's it. Other than throttle and choke connections. There is a place on the opposite side of carb for a hose connection, but I have nothing hooked to it. Is this correct?

Old 05-01-2015, 06:40 PM   #20
cgtech

Yamaha

Look around here for the G1 service manual, it tells the inspection procedure i think.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha