lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2015, 11:35 AM   #1
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Jerking MCOR Fix

There are several posts about MCORs throttles that jerk at very low speed. Well here is a simple fix.

1.Drill a small hole as you see in the picture, go slow and use light pressure so you don't slip when the drill bit breaks through.

2.Spray the inside liberally with electrical contact cleaner.

3.Use a BIG screw drive and worked the swiper back and forth rapidly the full extend of the movement at least 10 times.

Repeat steps 2 and 3 two more times. Wipe off any excess cleaner and seal hole with electrical tape or a dab of silcone (making sure it does not go in the into the actual MCOR).

Smooth as silk, total control, and jerk free.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mcor.jpg (413.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg mcor2.jpg (228.2 KB, 0 views)
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2015, 04:36 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Jerking MCOR Fix

I hope that has a long term effect as I was thinking about doing the same thing if my MCOR ever gave me resistance trouble.

I thought the hole would need to be a little lower (closer to the center line of the stud mounts) to clear the moving arm inside the MCOR.

Is this the first one you tried or do you have any long term results?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:21 PM   #3
franklop
Not Yet Wild

I have jerking as soon as i touch my peddle.i have a 1987 cc with speed switch assembly i believe it is s.s.a.now i stopped and it is very slow?
franklop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:23 PM   #4
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I hope that has a long term effect as I was thinking about doing the same thing if my MCOR ever gave me resistance trouble.

I thought the hole would need to be a little lower (closer to the center line of the stud mounts) to clear the moving arm inside the MCOR.

Is this the first one you tried or do you have any long term results?

The hole is in the perfect spot, avoids the swiper arm as well as the plug sockets, allows you to spray cleaner directly on the contact path, long term test results still pending.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:28 PM   #5
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Good to know...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:30 PM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklop View Post
I have jerking as soon as i touch my peddle.i have a 1987 cc with speed switch assembly i believe it is s.s.a.now i stopped and it is very slow?
That cart will have a little metal box with 5 micro switches in it that correlate to 5 solenoids. More than likely you have a couple bad switches and solenoids.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:56 PM   #7
franklop
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for response.i didnt look unde cat.if you have speed switch assembly,do i have a mcor.the solonoid clicks first one driverside.i get voltage on master solonoid and next two.i get nothing on1&2 on passenger side.it doesnt jerk any more but realll slow.i purchased solonoids and speed switch assembly.can you test to see which micro switches are bad.and purches the bad micro switches.thanks
franklop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:17 AM   #8
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Good Info
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:11 PM   #9
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Original post should be STICKIED!

Just fixed an 03 DS that had extreme contact issues, solenoid would sometimes drop out because of contact loss in the MCOR, and sometimes the cart wouldn't even move. Tried this fix and it runs like a top! Used the exact cleaner cheapjeep used also, it was expensive ($9.85 a can at my local NAPA!) but a LOT cheaper than a new MCOR.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:18 AM   #10
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Interesting. I'm new to carts, but I'm finding out fast they have the same issue as motorhomes. Since they don't get used daily, corrosion is a big problem as they age.

Just spraying Corrosion-X on the motor lugs have netted me a higher cart speed. On the terminal ends of the battery fuel gauge has allowed it to now work after the tow/run switch has been thrown.

Your fix with drilling a hole is much the same as RV'ers do on their waste gate valves but with white grease. Makes a lot of sense to try your fix prior to spending big dollars on a new part.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car