lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2015, 04:24 PM   #1
kshoemaker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Precedent torque/towing upgrades

I've done some modest upgrades (zip ties, 4" lift, 10" rims, 22" tires, flip/flop seat, brush guard and clays basket) to my 08 gas Precedent that I mostly use to haul people/gear up and down the lake property. My kid also fabbed up a 2" hitch receiver that we mounted under the rear step. I did a few tests pulling a PWC out of a ditch with good success, but getting started from a dead stop was a bit of a struggle with the stock clutch setup. I'm looking at the CPP severe duty drive belt and springs but have a few specific questions.

1. Club Car Power Package CKSDCC has a blue and a white spring, while Club Car Power Kit DPK201 has only a green spring. What is the difference between these spring combinations and will the blue/white or green provide better torque?

2. Will I lose top end speed with either of these?

3. Do I need any special tools or pullers to install either of these kits?

Thanks in advance,
Shoey

BTW, the Grizzly Metalworks brush guard and basket combo easily holds 3 gas cans (2 5-gallon and 1 6). I've put all of my 200+ pound body weight on it and it just smiles at me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0177.jpg (224.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0173.jpg (260.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0219.JPG (216.3 KB, 0 views)
kshoemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2015, 07:35 PM   #2
kshoemaker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent torque/towing upgrades

I'll probably go with the machining and spring upgrade instead, but I'm only at the cart every other weekend at most and it has to stay functional when I leave. Looks like I'll be picking up another clutch to be machined so I can do the swap with no down time.
kshoemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 08:40 AM   #3
Rep
Gone Wild

Club Car

That's what I did. I bought a new clutch, sent it for machining and spring mods, and installed it in 5 minutes.

But to be forthright, I do not notice any difference. It seems like the same speed, same pulling power, same slight difficulty with 4 people going up a hill - but I always remind myself that it's a golf cart.

Hope you have success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshoemaker View Post
I'll probably go with the machining and spring upgrade instead, but I'm only at the cart every other weekend at most and it has to stay functional when I leave. Looks like I'll be picking up another clutch to be machined so I can do the swap with no down time.
Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:29 AM   #4
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

The carry all belt is a tab bit smaller in diameter then ds belt. It will slip right on, I've heard about this when guys want a little more power and, a little more go from the start..... I can get the cc number for it when I get home....
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:44 PM   #5
Seafarer12
Gone Wild
Club Car

I did the clutch machining too and didn't notice any difference. One thing that hurt CPP with me was I filled out the review twice saying I didn't notice anything and they won't post it. Looks like they only want to post positive reviews for their products.

As far as towing I would get the drive clutch spring that raises your engage rpm. It will give you some more rpm. You would need some special tools for that as far as pullers. Another thing we have done at work with our gators for pulling is mount a hitch in the front and pull some thing backwards. Your reverse is quite a bit lower ratio.
Seafarer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car