lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2015, 11:33 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: electrical system upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrpshtr View Post
you haven't realized how much a pain-in-the-a$$ i am yet? :)
There's plenty to do without making stuff to do (I'm just kidding u) ....... besides you better hurry parts will arrive any day now.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2015, 09:51 AM   #12
Yamahaman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I bet Scotty is going to be pickled tink with all your questions
Yamahaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 11:40 PM   #13
shrpshtr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

got the upgrades in on Saturday late. (thanks for the quick turnaround scottyb!) I hope to begin installation tomorrow evening. y'all be ready for plenty of questions...;)

shrp
shrpshtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 07:29 AM   #14
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
got the upgrades in on Saturday late. (thanks for the quick turnaround scottyb!) I hope to begin installation tomorrow evening. y'all be ready for plenty of questions...;)

shrp
not a problem.....ask away. just take your time.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:47 AM   #15
shrpshtr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

After a very lengthy 2-3 week delay, I got started on the cart mods this week. basically I just took inventory on which parts were going to be replaced and labeled properly. I also look the opportunity to clean out a tremendous amount of dirt and debris that has built up over time.

last night I actually got all of the components installed and had an opportunity to test it all. the results weren't as good as I hoped they would be. Upon hooking up the pack I started hearing a faint, steady beep several times (about 1 full second long each) and then it subsided. Once driving I noticed the F&R switch is reversed from the way it was hooked up before. (fwd goes backward and rev goes fwd) Once I figured out which position to put the switch in I started around the block. I only went about 50 yards before i turned back. Audible beeping started again and the cart would not go over about 8mph. It seemed to backup fine. Unfortunately I was unable to determine number of beeps that occurred once driving but it was definitely a good number more than the original, faint beeps.

During installation, I did notice a few discrepancies in the installation instructions and how I labeled and took things apart. Of note: 1)motor A1 & A2 were reversed on original setup (scottyB install sheet said this didn't matter). 2)S1 & S2 were also different though where they connected to the F&R switch. (scottyB install sheet says that the F&R connections view is from the rear) however, my original config had 5 going to S2 and 8 going to S1. 3)the solenoid config from original setup had the Pack + (large lug) going to the opposite side than where the red wires/diode stripe (small lug) was connected to. in the solenoid install sheet the "hot" wires both appear to be on the same side (large & small lug respectively) but the install sheet did indicate that this didn't matter either.

so, here's what i think....assuming s1 & s2 are the directional control of the motor, i believe i just have them reversed. this would indicate why the cart is beeping in forward but not in reverse. (i forgot about the backup beep because my original setup has it disabled which is what i would like to do to this setup also btw) it would also indicate why it seems to be very slow (about 8mph) going forward but is VERY responsive on the throttle going in reverse. i also think i may have the F&R shift lever installed on the connection bolt also. this could have caused me to "think" i had it set right when checking location hookup.

so, what say the experts....thoughts? suggestions? recommendations?

thanks in advance.

shrp
Old 12-03-2015, 09:32 AM   #16
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

shrp....as we talked about before, our carts are the same.....and upon my initial hook up, mine did the same thing as yours. F was reverse and R was forward. and all I did as scotty told me and either swapped the cables on the S1 and S2 at the motor, OR swapped the other end of the cables at the F&R.....which ever is easier for you, as electrically, it does the same thing. WORKED LIKE A CHAMP and I have never looked back!!! and BOOGIE ON DOWN THE ROAD I went!!!
Old 12-03-2015, 09:35 AM   #17
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

One easy solution to fix the reversed direction/beeper in F problem. Swap the F1 & F2 cables on the motor (same could be done by swapping any 2 terminals that are 180 degrees from each other on the F&R).

Last edited by cgtech; 12-03-2015 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: LOL, beat me to it!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:57 AM   #18
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
the solenoid config from original setup had the Pack + (large lug) going to the opposite side than where the red wires/diode stripe (small lug) was connected to. in the solenoid install sheet the "hot" wires both appear to be on the same side (large & small lug respectively) but the install sheet did indicate that this didn't matter either.

so, what say the experts....thoughts? suggestions? recommendations?

thanks in advance.

shrp
FIRST....the BIG lugs both are + as far as polarity goes, as the current is going from the + side of the battery pack thru the solenoid straight to the +B terminal of the Controller.....what matters is, as far as the "small lugs" go, is which side do the red and back wires connect to in relation to the strip on the diode. in the picture below (my cart) with the diode installed like that.....the little black wire connects to the little lug on the RIGHT, and the RED wire connects to the little lug on the LEFT. the large lugs of MY solenoid.....the large lug on the RIGHT goes to the + of the battery pack and the LEFT one goes to the +B on the controller.

#2 SOLENOID.jpg
Old 12-03-2015, 10:10 AM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Reverse power is reduced for safety. (this is a programmable feature you can adjust)
So when you switch S1 and S2 you get slow forward and fast reverse.
Sounds like swapping S1 and S2 will fix your problem. On the Ezgo F&R switch S1 and S2 are in the 9 and 3 o'clock position.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 12:41 PM   #20
shrpshtr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds like a solid approach to try then. I'll do that tonight when I install the DVM. Anyone want to offer advice on disabling audible backup alert?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO