lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2015, 06:25 PM   #1
boatcrazy67
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 91 EzGo Marathon Controller bad?

I've read through a bunch of threads including the FAQ section looking for answers to what is causing my cart to move very slowly/not at all up any slight incline. Tried to follow a few steps and have some info to share hoping to get some ideas on next steps. My charger is working and when fully charged my batteries are at 38+ volts. The solenoid clicks when the pedal is is pushed. The cart has better torque in reverse, in forward there is a delay when you push on the pedal and the torque picks up slowly. I've tested the voltage to M-, B+ and B- both while up on jacks with no load, and while moving up an incline under load. Here are the readings:

No Load: M- to B+ =37 volts
No Load: M- to B- = 0 volts
With load: M- to B+ varies from 15-18 volts and increases as the incline decreases.
With load: M- to B-, 0 volts.

From what I read it seems it could be the controller, or something in the wiring or connections. All the cables look ok on the outside but if I should be looking at replacing those first I will do that before investing in a controller that might not be the issue. Any suggestion on next steps? Thanks.
boatcrazy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2015, 06:57 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 91 EzGo Marathon Controller bad?

Pu the meter on the pack mains. What does the pack voltage drop to when the cart slows drastically?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:01 AM   #3
boatcrazy67
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

before moving it is at 38v, when moving under load up hill drops to 37-36.8v. Thanks.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:27 PM   #4
boatcrazy67
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just realized my last post was incomplete.

No load on M- and B+ voltage is 37. With load going up slight incline drops to 15-18 volts

No load M- and B+ voltage drops to 0. With load drops to 0.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:28 PM   #5
boatcrazy67
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Voltage at main terminal was 38 and barely drops under load to 37.
Old 12-29-2015, 06:50 PM   #6
boatcrazy67
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Still looking for any help and have more info. I tested the peditidimeter and started at 0 and went to 6.4 ohms. I adjusted the linkage so it is now 0 to 5k which I think which is within spec. Didn't help with the slow acceleration issue.

What voltage should be present at the FNR switch. Standing still I'm getting about 25v at each terminal. Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO