lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2016, 08:44 AM   #11
golfcoursemonkey
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 02 TXT PDS intermittant 3-2 code

I just reviewed my last 2 controller test results, both times J1 - pin 5 were at reference voltage. I'm not 100% convinced yet that it's the controller, but we'll see. Thanks again, guys.
golfcoursemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2016, 10:59 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 02 TXT PDS intermittant 3-2 code

Well, you have found a good source of information. Just about everything I know about golf carts was gleaned from these pages. Of course, having prior knowledge of electronics, eletro-mechanics and troubleshooting helped considerably.

The collective knowledge about golf carts spread throughout the forum members here at BGW amazes me and I learn new stuff just about every day.

-----------
Coyote Lakes is in Surprise, NW of Phoenix while Mesa is SE, but a lot closer than I am, so I asked.

-----------
Did you happen to check the voltages at J3 (Plug from Run/Tow switch)?

The controller controls the solenoid, so it knows when the contacts should be open and closed. The voltage on the b+ terminal should be the same as the Auxiliary voltage when the solenoid contacts are closed and less than the Auxiliary voltage when the solenoid contacts are open. If not, the controller gives a 3-2 error code.

The Auxiliary voltage comes into the controller on J1 Pin-5 and then goes out to the Run/Tow switch and comes back into the controller if the switch in in the Run position. I'm not sure if the controller compares the Auxiliary voltage to the B+ terminal voltage before or after the Run/Tow switch.

In a nutshell, if you get a 3-2 error code, either:
The B+ voltage is bad.
The Auxiliary voltage is bad.
The controller is bad.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO