lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2016, 08:00 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New guy looking to buy a used cart-opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferd15 View Post
Going today to look at the 48v PDS, 2010. Its $1800 and I can add the chip for more speed. Can this also be made to go 24 with a $500 add on?
The "Speed Chip" comment does not apply to a 48V PDS.

The 36V PDS uses a Curtis 1206MX, whose top speed and amount of regen braking can be changed with different jumpers on J2.

The 48V PDS uses a Curtis 1206HB, whose performance can be changed by a vendor with a special programming device.

Replacing the 1206HB controller with an Alltrax XCT controller will allow you to program the controller yourself using a laptop, nut I'm not sure it will up the top speed to 24 MPH like installing a XCT controller in a 36V PDS does.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2016, 08:01 AM   #12
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferd15 View Post
Going today to look at the 48v PDS, 2010. Its $1800 and I can add the chip for more speed. Can this also be made to go 24 with a $500 add on?
48v EZGO's cannot be "chipped" like the older 36v ones can. It's a different controller. They still can be "unlocked" by the dealer to go 19 MPH on standard 18" tires.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 12:21 PM   #13
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Note---

Are we talking flat land ( Florida ) or hilly land (Middle GA.) ????

All talk of stock speed goes out the window on hills.

36 v carts seem to slow quite a lot on hills.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 02:35 PM   #14
zoner
Not Yet Wild

Given your budget and desire for speed, don't rule out Zone Electric. They are LSV that go 25 mph. You can probably get a 2010 for cheap especially since the seller got it for free (courtesy of the US taxpayer).

zoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 04:03 PM   #15
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

And with that cheap price comes china quality & poor parts availability. Nah. We were a Star dealer, (same cart, different badge on front), they were not good. We only service the Star carts we originally sold, no Zone, no Go-electric. Its somewhat common for dealers to decline these after they find out about the parts situation. Even the local dealer who picked up the Star lineup after we dropped it does not stock parts.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:20 PM   #16
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Now don't jump on me for this, but can you change the electronic on the star car? Like take all wiring off and make it a PDS electricity??
I have a friend that has one that will not run. So no cost for cart and I have the parts.

Thanks
sonnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:07 PM   #17
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I like that sonny. If you have fab skills I bet you can make it work. ....of course it will work.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:18 PM   #18
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnysmith View Post
Now don't jump on me for this, but can you change the electronic on the star car? Like take all wiring off and make it a PDS electricity??
I have a friend that has one that will not run. So no cost for cart and I have the parts.

Thanks
Sure you could do that. And it would fit & work fine. It would be a good upgrade. Be sure to use all the donor cart plugs, switches, ect. The wire & components on Star is low rate.
Old 04-09-2016, 10:45 PM   #19
surferd15
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

No chip huh..bummer I should of looked for a 36v then. How much do dealers charge to unlock the speed? I didnt pick up the cart yet. Seller offered to paint it for me. I picked the Jeep color "anvil" and painting the roof black. He sent me some pictures looks awesome. He has a sprayer, booth etc. No extra charge. Getting it tomorrow.
surferd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 11:20 PM   #20
cgtech

Yamaha

Txt48 is a good cart. And built on a very proven platform. I dont know what the charge will be (nor am i sure just what our shop charges), but if it were me, knowing what the unlock tool costs (only unlocks 20 cars & its used-up) & labor involved $100-150 is my guess.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO