lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2016, 09:35 AM   #1
MartinEZGo
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Ez Go TXT won't move

I have been digging through the forums here but thought it might be best to start from scratch. I have a 97 Ez Go TXT. I hear clicking coming from the throttle switch under the floor and have replaced the solenoid, it is clicking too. From what I'm reading, I need to check the high voltage circuit, right? Any guidance is appreciated, I really need this cart going.
MartinEZGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2016, 03:22 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ez Go TXT won't move

Which drive system do you have?

scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:51 AM   #3
MartinEZGo
Getting Wild

Club Car

Sorry, it is a Series cart
Old 04-29-2016, 09:03 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If the solenoid is clicking, you need the check the high-current circuit.

The attached schematic has the high-current circuit traced.

Connect the black test lead to the B- terminal on the battery pack and go looking for pack voltage on the highlighted cables.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series- Hi-Current traced.JPG (59.3 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 10:56 AM   #5
MartinEZGo
Getting Wild

Club Car

Ok, keeping the ground lead on the B-, then going from M- to B+. Key on, pedal pressed? Should it read 36 volts?
Old 04-29-2016, 11:16 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEZGo View Post
Ok, keeping the ground lead on the B-, then going from M- to B+. Key on, pedal pressed? Should it read 36 volts?
Key = ON -- F/R in either F or R -- Pedal pushed just far enough to make solenoid click.

An option is to jumper B+ to the solenoid's small terminal with the red wires on it instead of trying to hold the pedal partially depressed.

For safety, rear tires should be off the ground.

Should read whatever the pack voltage is at the time of test. (About 38.2V when fully charged).

If there is a pre-charge resistor installed, another option is to not push the pedal or hot wire the solenoid coil and just use the voltage found at the solenoid's controller side large terminal as the voltage that is being looked for.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:08 PM   #7
MartinEZGo
Getting Wild

Club Car

I will plug up the charger tomorrow and do this test after knowing its fully charged. I think I understand your directions.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:04 PM   #8
MartinEZGo
Getting Wild

Club Car

UPDATE:

Checked it out, per your diagram. Each battery shows 6.45/6.53 volts, the set shows 38.0 volts. With the negative side of the meter at the B-, It shows 37.6 volts to the first and second locations on the F/R switch, in F, without the pedal pressed, 38 volts with it pressed. Same when bridging the B- and B+. Same at B- to the first battery. I had nobody to help me do the test at the motor. Do you think it is in the actuator at the pedal underneath? It's new, but a cheap replacement found online due to funds and costs. Voltage at the controller looks to be fine, IMO.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:46 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEZGo View Post
UPDATE:

Checked it out, per your diagram. Each battery shows 6.45/6.53 volts, the set shows 38.0 volts. With the negative side of the meter at the B-, It shows 37.6 volts to the first and second locations on the F/R switch, in F, without the pedal pressed, 38 volts with it pressed. Same when bridging the B- and B+. Same at B- to the first battery. I had nobody to help me do the test at the motor. Do you think it is in the actuator at the pedal underneath? It's new, but a cheap replacement found online due to funds and costs. Voltage at the controller looks to be fine, IMO.
Going from 37.6V to 38V when pedal is pushed means the solenoid contacts are closing. The red flag waving is having voltage on only two of the four studs on the F/R switch. All four should have voltage, or the contacts in the F/R switch are not closed.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:34 AM   #10
MartinEZGo
Getting Wild

Club Car

I didn't check the other 2 contacts because I couldn't also check then at the motor. I will step out and check then at the F/R switch.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO