lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2016, 09:22 AM   #11
egoh
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: High/Low Speed Switch from 2Five for RXV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjroman20 View Post
He said from the 2Five into the RXV...implying there is a switch present on a 2Five, which is the one I am not seeing.
Do you have access to the 2Five diagram? I'd love to utilize the built in capability. I'd assume that a switch would toggle the controller from Freedom to Golf mode without the need for the programmer.

Here is there reference to the switch in the 2Five manual.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3278.jpg (155.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3279.jpg (131.4 KB, 0 views)
egoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2016, 09:31 AM   #12
egoh
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
While we are generally on the topic, does anyone know what the difference is between the various modes? Also are they on the Curtis controller only, or the Danaher also?
If you're referring to the acceleration settings, I'm assuming they are speed maps. I'm a noob with this programmer, but I guess it sets the speed curves.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8059.jpg (84.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-09-2016, 09:39 AM   #13
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Plugged into a 2Five curtis control...oddly I see two distinct speed settings labeled high and low...yet in the monitor menu there is nothing saying which mode is active or even if there is an input being read but there are two inputs labeled simply 'swtich1 and switch2'. Then with the acceleration parameters being split into 4 sets its leading me to think its a 2 bit binary input. So some particular input of switches gives the high speed then.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:48 AM   #14
egoh
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Plugged into a 2Five curtis control...oddly I see two distinct speed settings labeled high and low...yet in the monitor menu there is nothing saying which mode is active or even if there is an input being read but there are two inputs labeled simply 'swtich1 and switch2'. Then with the acceleration parameters being split into 4 sets its leading me to think its a 2 bit binary input. So some particular input of switches gives the high speed then.
Interesting. Which menu item had the two setting? Is it also labeled Freedom? Or something else for the 2five?
Old 06-09-2016, 10:08 AM   #15
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Its labeled High Speed and Low Speed. It's located under "System Config>Vehicle Config" under the parameter menu. They have a range of 10~15 and 15~25.

Looks like pin 24 is left unconnected on the 2Five, but it is a digital B+ input, maybe that's it? I would think there should be one more though.

Update: I was able to get a RXV control in a position to see the max allowable RPM. It actively changes when operating mode is adjusted between each setting. Putting battery on pin 24 did change the state of "Switch 1" but the max allowable RPM didn't budge which is telling me a live turf switch probably wont work on an RXV. If it did I would imagine it would work much like the 1206HB, where having both switches off leaves it in what the handset left it, then the remaining combos 0,1 : 1,0 : and 1,1 would switch between three other modes.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:38 PM   #16
egoh
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Its labeled High Speed and Low Speed. It's located under "System Config>Vehicle Config" under the parameter menu. They have a range of 10~15 and 15~25.

Looks like pin 24 is left unconnected on the 2Five, but it is a digital B+ input, maybe that's it? I would think there should be one more though.

Update: I was able to get a RXV control in a position to see the max allowable RPM. It actively changes when operating mode is adjusted between each setting. Putting battery on pin 24 did change the state of "Switch 1" but the max allowable RPM didn't budge which is telling me a live turf switch probably wont work on an RXV. If it did I would imagine it would work much like the 1206HB, where having both switches off leaves it in what the handset left it, then the remaining combos 0,1 : 1,0 : and 1,1 would switch between three other modes.
Thanks so much for all that effort! Perhaps the 2Five programming might be different enough that it can't be hacked in to an RXV.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:45 PM   #17
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

you probably cant "clone" the 2five software onto the RXV either. the RXV controller hardware is different because of the electronic bits to control the resistor.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:50 AM   #18
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
you probably cant "clone" the 2five software onto the RXV either. the RXV controller hardware is different because of the electronic bits to control the resistor.
Actually they used the same board in both controls. The only hardware change I could find looked to be a 0ohm resistor that linked pin 13 and 1 to what was the brake switch input on the RXV.

However the software on the LSV doens't drive the bleeder resistor, and runs a fan output when the heat sink temp gets high enough.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:59 AM   #19
egoh
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Actually they used the same board in both controls. The only hardware change I could find looked to be a 0ohm resistor that linked pin 13 and 1 to what was the brake switch input on the RXV.

However the software on the LSV doens't drive the bleeder resistor, and runs a fan output when the heat sink temp gets high enough.
Does the 2Five seem to disable all electronic braking, hence, the lack of a resistor? I have front disk brakes, but wound't want to lose the extra braking from the motor.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:25 AM   #20
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by egoh View Post
Does the 2Five seem to disable all electronic braking, hence, the lack of a resistor? I have front disk brakes, but wound't want to lose the extra braking from the motor.
I think the idea behind not using that is the location the vehicle was intended to be used. The point of that resistor is the bleed off excess power generated by the motor when free-wheeling down a hill. The regen braking process throws that excess power back to the batteries. The typical setting for that to kick on is 67V which would be a bit over the voltage you may expect from a standard 48V charger.

The 2Five intended as an NEV I suppose they assume isn't operated in areas with large hills...furthermore if it was equipped with sufficient mechanical braking there is less need for regen. There is undoubtedly still regen braking but less need for bleeding off excess power.

My other theory is that since the RXV originally had the Danaher control they decided they wanted to keep the resistor when switching to curtis then when the 2Five was developed they did away with it. But it would have been more cost effective to use the same board, components and cases rather than develop a new one. And the control is still capable of being programmed between one version and the other.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO