lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2016, 01:30 PM   #21
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: High/Low Speed Switch from 2Five for RXV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjroman20 View Post
I think the idea behind not using that is the location the vehicle was intended to be used. The point of that resistor is the bleed off excess power generated by the motor when free-wheeling down a hill. The regen braking process throws that excess power back to the batteries. The typical setting for that to kick on is 67V which would be a bit over the voltage you may expect from a standard 48V charger.

The 2Five intended as an NEV I suppose they assume isn't operated in areas with large hills...furthermore if it was equipped with sufficient mechanical braking there is less need for regen. There is undoubtedly still regen braking but less need for bleeding off excess power.

My other theory is that since the RXV originally had the Danaher control they decided they wanted to keep the resistor when switching to curtis then when the 2Five was developed they did away with it. But it would have been more cost effective to use the same board, components and cases rather than develop a new one. And the control is still capable of being programmed between one version and the other.
A neighborhood without steep hills??? I guess if they only operated on the coast or in the coastal plain or flat areas. But for much of the country that is in the piedmont or where there are moutains, there are indeed very steep roads in neighborhoods?
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2016, 03:10 PM   #22
egoh
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: High/Low Speed Switch from 2Five for RXV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsoncartguy View Post
A neighborhood without steep hills??? I guess if they only operated on the coast or in the coastal plain or flat areas. But for much of the country that is in the piedmont or where there are moutains, there are indeed very steep roads in neighborhoods?
I'd guess that the disc brakes ensure that an over voltage situation doesn't occur. With the Jakes brake kit I'm able to bias the mechanical and electronic braking. I suppose I should play around with it some more now that I can monitor regen. Currently I have the mechanical brakes set to engage rather quickly.
egoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO