lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2016, 05:04 PM   #1
MillwrightMike
Getting Wild

Default Weak Batteries or Motor?

2006 ezgo pds sepex motor with 500 amp xct upgrade, 2 awg cables, and heavy duty solenoid.

After monitoring one of my runs the most my motor will turn is just over 4000 rpm.

Is my motor going bad or is it my batteries? I'm going to pick up a digital multi meter in the morning and check my batteries but according to my voltmeter in the dash I have a pack reading over 38 volts.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
MillwrightMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2016, 07:21 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Weak Batteries or Motor?

Motor - unlikely. Batteries - likely. Get voltage readings under load.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:40 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Weak Batteries or Motor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillwrightMike View Post
2006 ezgo pds sepex motor with 500 amp xct upgrade, 2 awg cables, and heavy duty solenoid.

After monitoring one of my runs the most my motor will turn is just over 4000 rpm.

Is my motor going bad or is it my batteries? I'm going to pick up a digital multi meter in the morning and check my batteries but according to my voltmeter in the dash I have a pack reading over 38 volts.

Instead of "Monitoring" the controller data, record it (Save to File).
Set the sample rate to continuous (About 4 samples per second) and be sure to stop recording before disconnecting computer from controller or exiting the Toolkit program.

Zip the CSV file and attach it to a post on this thread.

In addition to date and time, you'll get 40 columns of data that include the battery voltage and the voltage applied to the motor (armature) as well as Battery Amps, Armature Amps and Field Amps, plus the % duty cycle of the controller's PWM output to the armature (Throttle %) and the motor RPM. Attached is the first 5 seconds of one of the files I saved and loaded into a spreadsheet.

By reviewing the recorded data, we can get a pretty clear picture of what the motor, battery and controller are doing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Raw data file.jpg (83.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:09 AM   #4
MillwrightMike
Getting Wild

Thanks johnnieb I try to do that this evening.

MillwrightMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO