lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2016, 07:27 PM   #11
Ray-T
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1999 Ezgo 36V Series electric won't go

Well I've got 6 new batteries installed and charging. Haven't tried it yet, I'm a bit reluctant not knowing if the original problem was just the bad battery, or something more. Unless there are other things recommended I should check, I'll give it a try after it charges overnight.
Ray-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2016, 07:46 AM   #12
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray-T View Post
Interstate batteries from Costco. I've been pretty good about watering them every month or so. Water level has always remained above the plates.
Not to be a downer, but Interstate batteries made since 2010 have a shorter life span than they used to. In 2010 Interstate broke ranks with US battery (prior to 2010 Interstate Golf batteries were simply rebranded US batteries) and opened a plant in Mexico to manufacture their own batteries under their own brand name. This is when you started seeing Interstate Golf batteries with a black case and a bright green top. Unfortunately, while Interstate make a great automotive battery, their Golf battery leaves a lot to be desired......

Basically through the last 6 years of using Interstate I have found that they typically last about 3-4 years now before failure occurs even with the best of care. Unfortunately, according to my Interstate rep, the ones sold to Costco seem to be the worst as they are considered Blems which is why Costco gets a cheaper price on them.

Hopefully the batteries were the cause of the issue and that will be the end of your problem, but if not, let us know and we will be glad to assist you further.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:50 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Which leads us to why Johnson Controls bought Trojan battery. The Mexico plant never did produce a quality battery. Problems included substandard materials and workmanship. But hey, they were cost less. I'm finding out it costs less to pay more these days.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:14 AM   #14
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Which leads us to why Johnson Controls bought Trojan battery. The Mexico plant never did produce a quality battery. Problems included substandard materials and workmanship. But hey, they were cost less. I'm finding out it costs less to pay more these days.
Amen to that...... I tell people all the time, go ahead and buy those batteries from Rural King..... 18 months from now when they fail and you have to buy another set, you'll realize that it would have been cheaper to pay the extra $20 per battery and buy the Trojans......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:04 PM   #15
Ray-T
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

With the new set of batteries the cart is running again. In fact its a bit more peppy then its been in a while. So apparently the bad battery was the root cause of the problem.

Thanks all for your assistance

-Ray
Ray-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:26 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Okay Ray-T my advice is drive a little and recharge over and over and over! Get those puppies amped up and keep em charged.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:40 PM   #17
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray-T View Post
Just had a very "interesting" development. I reconnected the resistor and controller to the slenoid to measure the voltages at the controller, and noticed the wheels would now spin. So I took it off the jacks to see if it'd still move under load. It hesitated but allowed me to back out of he garage. I put it in forward to return the garage and when I started to accelerate heard a loud bang under the seat. One of the batteries blew its caps off!

This was the same battery which had read a little lower than the rest, 6.19V as opposed to 6.32-6.34V for the others.

The batteries are almost 3 years old and now obviously need to be replaced. Once replaced, is there a risk of them being damaged by something else still being amiss?

Thanks

lol I bet that scared you
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:56 PM   #18
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

i had a set of six go off under me, All Six. BOOOM! the salesmen said it rattled their windows. i just got off and walked away, i had "had enough" of that cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140807_130509_538.jpg (212.6 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:03 PM   #19
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
i had a set of six go off under me, All Six. BOOOM! the salesmen said it rattled their windows. i just got off and walked away, i had "had enough" of that cart.

lol wow ive never had it happen to me, but i have had carts brought in like that
Old 08-17-2016, 09:04 PM   #20
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

what kind of car is in that pic?? i cant identify it as any of the major three, is it a star car or something chinese??
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO