lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2016, 07:46 PM   #1
blackdogfarms190
Not Yet Wild

Default ez go dcs shutters and wont move

so I have a 1998 DCS EZGO that has new batteries and a new solenoid. I know its a DCS because it has the F&r lever by your legs and has the tow/maintenance switch on the controller.

I put new batteries in the rig and wired everything up adn the cart worked for about 10 minutes i went up a hill and it barely made it up the hill. Then it just quit working and i had to tow it home. I have a feeling its the controller.

Now it when i put it in gear and press the gas pedal it just shakes and the wills barely moved. I have the rear end jacked up and in both F&R it just shutters and will barely turn the wheels. What is wrong with my cart.

side note........

I also recently purchased a series model ezgo with a rusted out battery box. what parts will i be able to swap to the DCS cart to make it run if any. I know the controllers wont interchange but would the rear end and motor? Tomorrow I am going to put all of the good batteries in the series cart and

i am pretty hand with mechanics but i have never messed with golf carts before. I have the full service manual for both carts also. I prefer to fix it myself vs bringing it to a "CART MECHANIC"

see if it runs.

Thanks in advance
blackdogfarms190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2016, 08:20 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: ez go dcs shutters and wont move

cannot interchange motor, controller. series motor must be used with series controller, DCS motor must be used with Sepex controller, no exceptions, not even for a quick test.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:20 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The problem sounds like it is in the high amperage delivery side... trouble with one or batteries, trouble with high amp cable, trouble with the motor...maybe
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:19 AM   #4
blackdogfarms190
Not Yet Wild

Roger that on interchangeability.... figured that was the case.

Okay so amperage loss is what I need to be looking for. Possibly high amp cable. The batteries are fully charged and brand new. Motor is another possibility.

When I did operate the cart for the first 10 minutes right before it failed I heard a pop like from an electronic part coming from under the seat obviously. The cart quit operating 100 fee after that.

Thanks for the replies all.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:22 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Check the batteries.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:40 AM   #6
blackdogfarms190
Not Yet Wild

So I just need to get a load tester and load test all of the batteries, correct?
Old 08-18-2016, 09:08 AM   #7
blackdogfarms190
Not Yet Wild

Okay so I used scottyb's trouble shooting page to go through the steps. The solenoid checks out voltage wise; however there doesn't seem to be a diode between the small terminals on the solenoid.

ITS data:

I received the correct voltage when testing the throttle in both scenarios using the Series and DCS ranges.

Controller Input Data

It appears I do not have the required 0 volts from B+ and B-. With the resistor completely removed.

When I put the DVM on the M- and B+ I only receive 11 volts when I press the pedal all the way down. So it looks like a bad controller or a throttle issue.

Recall the motor turns over and the wheels just shutter and spin very slowly in a shuttering fashion.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:28 AM   #8
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdogfarms190 View Post
So I just need to get a load tester and load test all of the batteries, correct?
Hook your Volt meter to the battery pack, and step on the pedal and see what the volts drop to. Your cart is the best load tester you can have
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO