lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2017, 09:09 PM   #1
eodman
Not Yet Wild

Default G22 gas running rich

My 2010 Yamaha G22 seams to be running rich and smells rich, and sluggish at each start up. Runs great at mid and top speeds. Idle adjustment?? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!
eodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2017, 01:30 AM   #2
zhhb84
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G22 gas running rich

hi just curious what do you mean by running rich... a chinese golf cart fan wishing to learn some english...
zhhb84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:05 AM   #3
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Running rich means that there is too much gas in the air / fuel mixture that is combusting in the cylinder. Normally, this is from an improperly adjusted carburetor. Try turning the fuel adjustment screw on the carb back a bit. Your float in the carb's float bowl may need adjusted as well. Both pretty simple jobs.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:22 AM   #4
jacobsond
Getting Wild

X2 on the float in the carb.My old G9 was acting just like that Saturday. I was taking it out for a little Feb ride. That is rare in ND. It was running sluggish didn't need to choke to start would flood out coming to a stop. I think the needle on the carb float was sticking open. Removed carb and a quick clean all back to normal.
jacobsond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 06:23 PM   #5
eodman
Not Yet Wild

I'll try turning the mixture screw in a bit.

Thanks for your help!
eodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 06:52 AM   #6
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by eodman View Post
I'll try turning the mixture screw in a bit.

Thanks for your help!

This is one of the biggest misconceptions in golf cars. Its an idle screw, that's all it does is make the car start right If its sluggish, bogs down etc, its because the fuel bowl level is too high. New carbs its are to adjust because its plastic. Or, the needle is stuck and causing too much fuel into the bowl
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:02 AM   #7
Lochlin
Gone Wild

The manual for the Mikunis I use (BV-19) calls it a mixture screw and explains how to adjust it to make sure the mixture is right. Perhaps there is some variation from carb to carb.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:10 AM   #8
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Clean the carburetor and it should help. Some of the lighter parts of the gas evaporate out when it sits for a while (which is common in these cold weather months). The remaining thicker, slugged up fuel can cause the needle valve to not close normally. I'll see this problem a hundred times over in the spring when everyone returns to the campground and fires up their carts that have been sitting a couple months, but it doesn't have to take that long.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha