lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2017, 09:42 PM   #1
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default My 2012 G29

Well this is my first Yamaha as I've always been a club car freak...
It's a 2012, not the prettiest, has two different set of rims 10" & 12" with 23" tires on the rear, has a rear seat setup, lift kit but I don't know what brand, was used at a rental place on the beach and most of all, the POS clutches are shot. Has some surface rust here and there but not a rust bucket over all, or I hope not. Lights don't work either right now.
Anyhow, I paid $1000 for it and loaded it home. I drive it around as is but the drive clutch sticks when I slow down or restart it.
So I called me plowman and ordered his YDR clutch setup. I had to buy all new clutches as they are both shot. This was around $640 with clutch puller.
So I'll slowly update anything I do or may do to it over time.... especially after I install the plowmans clutch setup.

BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2017, 09:46 PM   #2
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: My 2012 G29

I think you did ok, I like the yellow I don't see that color often at all. Yeah the rollers inside the clutch are probably going flat, that's why it's sticking on you. As long as the engine is ok everything else is cake
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:52 PM   #3
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Engine seems fine with no smoking and it gets up and goes.
Starts right up also.
I'm pretty sure the gov has been tweaked a little.
I'm actually thinking of re painting it as the gel coat seems a little faded and has some black paint on the rear portion but that me be later on unless the gel can buff out.
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:25 PM   #4
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DEATH View Post
Engine seems fine with no smoking and it gets up and goes.
Starts right up also.
I'm pretty sure the gov has been tweaked a little.
I'm actually thinking of re painting it as the gel coat seems a little faded and has some black paint on the rear portion but that me be later on unless the gel can buff out.
Ok good. Yeah the governor on these cars are really easy to adjust, unless you get the occasional car with a flatbed or seat kit on the back, then it's just a tighter squeeze. It's just a 10mm nut you turn. If it has paint on it like spray paint marks or even scuffs, a wet wax takes scuffs and paint over sprays out really well. I usually do it by hand with a soft cloth but some arm power is involved depending on how big the mark. I would go over the body with some wax and you will be surprised just how many marks it will remove
Old 02-14-2017, 10:31 PM   #5
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You will not be disappointed, the g29 is a great cart
Old 02-15-2017, 06:42 AM   #6
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Good deal! around here that cart refurbished is around $5000-6000
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha