lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2017, 07:26 AM   #1
ja564rm80
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha g16 clutch options

My 96 g16 is in need of new clutches. Both primary and driven. I'm confused as to what to buy. That cart has a 6in lift and will be used as a pit vechile. Carrying people, coolers full of ice and a few weights. When it's not being used as a pit vechile it will be for around the yard and taking the dog out on the back roads for a ride. Speed is not a concern for me at all. Everyone I seem to talk to has a performance upgrade clutch. Do I really need a performance clutch? Slow speeds and maybe hauling a small load is it. Plowmans, cpp, stock replacement?
ja564rm80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2017, 07:36 AM   #2
hello
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha g16 clutch options

I would call plowmans he will sett u up
hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:11 AM   #3
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello View Post
I would call plowmans he will sett u up
Agree. Everything you need in a package engineered to work correctly for your specific purpose. The white spring that you see in other kits is a one size for all. Very thick and stiff, and has been known to damage/break clutch sheaves.

http://www.plowmanscarts.com/parts_g_16_g_22.html

I've got the Performance Kit on a G22. A lot of bang for your buck.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:33 AM   #4
forthetide2
Not Yet Wild

Agree. Call Plowman.

I just talked to him last week and he set me up. He could easily have sold me a line of s*** and told me I needed the performance kit, etc. He asked what I was doing with the cart, I told him and he told me I just needed the Primary that needs replacing (it was busted) and that's it. He gave me a lot of knowledge about my cart in about a 5 minute conversation that he didn't have to take the time to have with me. Good dude.

Sounds like you need the Performance kit atleast. I'm going to put it on mine eventually even though Plowman said I didn't need it unless I was going to lift.
forthetide2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:16 PM   #5
robertakamagoo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I got my kit from Don had to get a new front clutch we had over a foot of snow so I can't work on it I order a new stater and gen belt
robertakamagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:17 AM   #6
Stegs
Not Yet Wild

I have a jakes full power kit on my G14 with a 4" block lift and 20" A/T tires.

It works great. Lots of low end power for trail/field riding. I have plenty of power to pull a small wagon around my house for lawn work etc....

I did turn up the trans governor a little.....I think right now it does about 12-14 mph. Plenty of speed for me. I got other things to go faster if i want

I really like the jakes full power kit!
Stegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha