lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2017, 12:23 PM   #1
gobgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default yamaha being jerking and being sporadic

ok guys I have a g29 Yamaha 07. The cart has a newer controller and batteries installed about 1 year ago. the problem I'm having is the cart will run sometimes but not all the time. when it does run, it jerks and runs sporadic. I thought for sure it was the throttle position sensor, but it wasn't. Then changed out the motor speed sensor and that didn't work either. Any ideas? I usually don't mess with Yamaha and don't have any manuals on them.
gobgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2017, 01:11 PM   #2
gobgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: yamaha being jerking and being sporadic

I also noticed when it doesn't run, if I jack it up and spin the rear wheels at will start to run and kick on and off.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:43 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Motor. Pull it & check the brushes & commutator.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 01:01 PM   #4
gobgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

i know this is an old post but it did end up being the brushes in the motor. thank you
Old 06-06-2018, 06:19 PM   #5
cardudenc
Not Yet Wild

1 of our consignment customers has brought me her 2009 Yamaha cart. its doing something similar. sometimes runs fine, but I may walk out there right now put it in rev and it just jerk. like going in and out of gear. next time be fine. same goes for fwd. was hoping maybe something simple like the switch or a connection issue. I will try and pull the motor this weekend and check it. if it is the brushes are they replaceable or is it time for a new motor. this 1 looks to be a replacement.
cardudenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:34 PM   #6
TX_Paladin
Not Yet Wild

I’m wondering the same thing. My 2012 Drive started jerking when accelerating from a stand still, as well putting out a grind or stutter when rolling slowly to a stop. This behavior began two weeks ago. Today, I drove it down the street, and power/speed seemed to be down about 75%. Then, after about a quarter mile it began jerking, stuttering and eventually stopped moving altogether. All the while, the digital battery gauge was jumping all over the place. Any thoughts?
TX_Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 10:59 AM   #7
Bracan75
Not Yet Wild

I have the same issue with my 2014. Anyone figure out what this is? Same symptoms as TX above
Bracan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 11:00 AM   #8
Bracan75
Not Yet Wild

Hello. I was wondering if you were able to diagnose the jerking/loss of power/slow grind you mentioned in a post. I am experiencing all those with my 2014 Yamaha electric cart.
Bracan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 11:20 AM   #9
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

This sounds like a motor brush issue...an easy way to check is when it stops running...tap on the motor cap(end of motor) slightly with a hammer...then try to drive again...if it now moves whereas it didn't before points directly to brushes in motor...you can also try pressing accelerator down a little while rolling cart forward and if it then starts moving or trying to move that also points at motor brushes...and YES they are replaceable...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 09:26 PM   #10
Orangie
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I had a similar that I chanced for a while and it ended up being my brushes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Orangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha