lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2017, 07:30 PM   #1
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Question about rear-end gears in a g2/g9

Got a question on the rear-end gears in my G2 and G9, I assumed if you rotate the tire one full revolution and count how many times the driven rotates that will give you your gear size.. the thing is, I rotated the tire on the G2 one complete turn and I counted 7 complete turns on the driven, on the G9 I got 8 complete rotations to 1 complete turn of the tire..
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2017, 09:02 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Question about rear-end gears in a g2/g9

Stock gearing in them is about 13:1 ratio. If you rotate one tire and not the other you spin the diff twice as fast so it should be near 6.5 turns on the primary. But when you drive it the CVT overdrives 10% so the end ratio is about 11:1.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:40 AM   #3
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Stock gearing in them is about 13:1 ratio. If you rotate one tire and not the other you spin the diff twice as fast so it should be near 6.5 turns on the primary. But when you drive it the CVT overdrives 10% so the end ratio is about 11:1.
Thanks for clearing that up for me sho305...
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:12 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

If you turned both tires like a posi would then you would get the 13, but the diff will make one tire go twice as fast if the other one is locked. Its kind of strange if you don't deal with them much.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha