lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2017, 07:54 AM   #11
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Oil

The original owner of the HD cart I now own ran the larger of the harly oil mix spec. The engine ate the cooling fan due to bearing failure. When we tore the engine down many of the parts showed considerable wear. We looked up what snowmobile , dirt bike,and outboard mfgs recommend for oil mix. All of them recommend 50:1.We switched it to 50:1 and did not see any amount of smoke nor plug fouling. Over the next 8 years rings and sometimes pistons would need to be replace but everything else looked like new on tear downs.You have to remember these carts were not designed to be run at much higher rpms and driven long miles much longer distances without stopping generating a lot more engine heat. And now with a 440 snowmobile engine in this same cart I run 50:1. To me it does not make any sense to run these low amounts oil in the mix and not really lubricate the engine internals.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2017, 01:34 PM   #12
socom0240
Not Yet Wild

I think since there is no easy way to verify that the oil system is working I'll just add a small amount in with the gas the next time in the proper amount. My golf cart smokes and makes my kids and their clothes smell bad after they drive it, so I don't know if that is related to lack of oil but we will see

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
socom0240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 03:21 PM   #13
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

wondering if your injector system is over mixing. it shouldn't really smoke if working correctly.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:23 PM   #14
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Yamalube is what goes in them, otherwise synthetic burns cleaner and less stink is why I would use it. In addition its very heat resistant, though not sure that would be an issue for a G1. That motor is very mild, its not working hard, it does not make a lot of power. The more power per displacement an engine makes the more stress its under. Race 2 strokes making tons of power and high rpms are very stressed you better have the oiling right, they usually want more oil. That said in the old days we used qt to 5 gal, that is 20:1. Remember oil was not that good then. Before that they used engine oil at 16:1 or more I think before 2 stroke oils came out, I have a old generator that lists something like 4oz oil per gal of fuel. Today you don't need as much the oil is way better, you need much less when the engine is not high rpm/high output. We had sleds that were making over 100hp out of 440cc, some running 10K rpm, lot of stress, motocross bikes, etc. Right now I only run weed eaters and chainsaws mostly and run 32:1 in those as they call for. Though they tend to be run WOT constantly (added stress) even though they are not really high performance. Think my outboard is 40 or 50 to one, I should get it out this summer not had time to run it, but they are liquid cooled that is nicer on them.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha