lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2017, 04:13 AM   #1
voorhees231
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Disconecting exhaust butterfly on 1981 G-1

I was thinking of getting rid of the linkages that go from the carb to the exhaust valve and taking the butterfly right out of the manifold. All my linkages are shot and very loose and the throttle binds easily. Can you take this out of the pipe and eliminate the linkages from the carb forward. I want to leave the governor hooked up as my kids to putt around at the campground with it. Thanks for the replies!
voorhees231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2017, 06:05 AM   #2
yamarancher
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Disconecting exhaust butterfly on 1981 G-1

Thats what I did to mine.I took it out of the manifold & welded up the holes. works fine.
yamarancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:33 AM   #3
Lochlin
Gone Wild

I just left mine in place and wired it open. I am not so sure those did much anyway. I can't tell any difference in my cart when it's open or closed. Like you, I have the other part of the governor intact as I don't want anyone going 25 mph on the thing.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 05:43 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Yes, if you ask me they were mostly for noise control. Just fix it open and you are good, or remove if you want. At part throttle when they are part closed the cart is slightly quieter, and that would be most of the time in GC use at 12mph. Some did not have them, later years I saw.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:34 AM   #5
voorhees231
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Welded manifold up and ground it down after removing the butterfly and a good old sand blasting. Turned out pretty good, I will install after burning the soot out of the pipe and repaint.
voorhees231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha