lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2018, 09:12 PM   #1
Coolhand104
Not Yet Wild

Question 2002 EZGO TXT has no power at switch/battery meter

Hey guys. I’m new to this forum, but I’m out of ideas trying to get my cart going. I could really use some help. I apologize for how long this is. I have a 2002 EZGO TXT 36volt with the f/r switch on the dash. It was running fine and then suddenly stopped working. The battery pack is showing 37 volts, but it will not move and the battery meter isn’t lit. There is no power at either connector on the key switch and no power on the f/r switch. I can’t find a reed switch, but under the cover of the charging port is a red wire with white stripe that runs into a 10 pin plug that is plugged into the controller. There is 37 volts going through this wire. On the solenoid, if I jump a wire from the large stud on the battery side to the small stud of the yellow wire on the front of the solenoid, the battery indicator will light up and the cart will drive in forward, but not reverse. I get the same result when I jump pack voltage to the key switch. Anyone know what my problem could be? Thanks in advance.
Coolhand104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2018, 06:02 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 EZGO TXT has no power at switch/battery meter

coolhand, if you plug in the charger, will it charge the batteries? if so, the reed switch is either good or has been by-passed, so for that you are good. IF your cart WON'T charge when you plug it in, then most likely the reed switch is bad, and you need to just bypass it. but you have other problems.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:02 AM   #3
Coolhand104
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. The charger does charge the batteries, and there is power running from the charging port to the controller through the red/white wire.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:46 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You have a 2002 cart with a PDS drive system.

Power that feeds the controller's electronics and external switches comes in on J1 Pins 4&5 then goes through the Run/Tow switch. From there it goes to J1 Pin-1 to the F/R switch and back into controller on either J1 Pin-2 (R) or J1 Pin-3 (F), then it goes through the keyswitch and splits when it gets back inside the controller and goes to Yellow wire on solenoid and the pedal switch.

Sounds like you are missing the battery pack voltage on J1 Pin-4 or Pin-5, or going to/from the Run/Tow switch.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 04:56 PM   #5
Coolhand104
Not Yet Wild

Thank you JohnnieB. Any idea what could cause that problem or what my first plan of action should be? Thanks again.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:18 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand104 View Post
Thank you JohnnieB. Any idea what could cause that problem or what my first plan of action should be? Thanks again.
I answered the first question in my previous post and the answer to the second is use a DVM to find the missing voltage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Sounds like you are missing the battery pack voltage on J1 Pin-4 or Pin-5, or going to/from the Run/Tow switch.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:54 PM   #7
Coolhand104
Not Yet Wild

Please forgive me for maybe asking an answered question, but if I check those point for power and there is none, what would cause that?
Old 07-03-2018, 08:02 PM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand104 View Post
Please forgive me for maybe asking an answered question, but if I check those point for power and there is none, what would cause that?
Broken wire, bad connection, or some other reason the voltage isn't getting to those points. The first place to look is J1 Pins-4 (Voltage source is reed switch or reed switch bypass) and Pin-5 (Voltage source is the battery side large terminal on the solenoid).

Of course the original voltage source for those two is the main positive terminal on the battery pack.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:16 PM   #9
Coolhand104
Not Yet Wild

This may be another dumb question and I apologize in advance. Do I check the voltage through the back of the plug with it plugged into the controller?
Old 07-06-2018, 05:56 PM   #10
Coolhand104
Not Yet Wild

JohnnieB, I was able to get to my cart today and checked voltage on J1 pin 4 and pin 5 and have pack voltage on both. I don’t, however have any power on J1 pin 1. Just to be sure, I checked the center post of the rear of the F/R toggle switch and it also had nothing. Does this mean the controller is bad? All other connections on the controller are very clean and nothing is loose. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO