lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2018, 04:49 PM   #11
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery Charging Troubleshooting

Does the main negative terminal of the pack (the one on the last battery) only have one black wire on it? And does that black wire go through the hole in the OBC? Are you sure that the OBC is not bypassed by any other wire going from that terminal?

The reason I ask is that the OBC reads how much energy has been taken from the pack by induction because that wire goes through that hole. If the hole has been damaged or bypassed by that or another wire then the OBC can't take that reading and does not know when to turn off.

I'm not sure about your particular model but normally if you disconnect the batteries for more than about 10 minutes the OBC resets automatically.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2018, 05:09 PM   #12
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

What brand of charger are you using?
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:55 PM   #13
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmsc View Post
can I reboot the OBC?
Yes, remove the Main Neg cable for ~20 minutes.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:10 PM   #14
pharmsc
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
Does the main negative terminal of the pack (the one on the last battery) only have one black wire on it? And does that black wire go through the hole in the OBC? Are you sure that the OBC is not bypassed by any other wire going from that terminal?

The reason I ask is that the OBC reads how much energy has been taken from the pack by induction because that wire goes through that hole. If the hole has been damaged or bypassed by that or another wire then the OBC can't take that reading and does not know when to turn off.

I'm not sure about your particular model but normally if you disconnect the batteries for more than about 10 minutes the OBC resets automatically.
Hello Bruce Thanks for the help The last negative terminal on my pack ONLY has the Heavy Black Battery cable. Should there also be another smaller gauge wire attached there? I recently changed out the solenoid and that's when my problem began after replacement. Please advise thanks Bob T I have 59 volts during charging and a resting voltage of 54 volts on the pack. I do not want to order an OBC yet as I suspect that maybe I miswired the small terminals on the solenoid or dropped a wire on the negative side of the pack??
pharmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:12 PM   #15
pharmsc
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

my cart is a 96 club car DS 48 volt
Old 08-16-2018, 03:38 PM   #16
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

You sort of side stepped the original question. Does that large black battery cable go through the hole in the OBC. Does your OBC look like this picture except my black wire is red.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OBC.jpg (202.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-16-2018, 06:23 PM   #17
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmsc View Post
Hello Bruce Thanks for the help The last negative terminal on my pack ONLY has the Heavy Black Battery cable. Should there also be another smaller gauge wire attached there? I recently changed out the solenoid and that's when my problem began after replacement. Please advise thanks Bob T I have 59 volts during charging and a resting voltage of 54 volts on the pack. I do not want to order an OBC yet as I suspect that maybe I miswired the small terminals on the solenoid or dropped a wire on the negative side of the pack??
This is a picture of mine. I have a Precedent so it may look slightly different but the principle is the same. The only connection on the main negative terminal is the one main battery negative cable and that goes through the hole in the OBC. If that's what yours is like then that part of it is correct.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Neg goes through OBC.jpg (193.5 KB, 0 views)
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:30 PM   #18
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
You sort of side stepped the original question. Does that large black battery cable go through the hole in the OBC. Does your OBC look like this picture except my black wire is red.
Wholly Cow Walt! You are defining a new way of counting energy units by running your Positive wire thru your OBC.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 03:54 PM   #19
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Wholly Cow Walt!
Running the meter backwards. JK
Old 08-20-2018, 11:17 AM   #20
pharmsc
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Bruce and Walter; I am new to this and found the OBC and verified that ONLY the black negative battery cable is running through it. The problem began Only AFTER I changed out the solenoid and I am wondering if if mislocated one of the wires on the Small terminals of the solenoid. How does OBC talk to the charger? Does it feed back through the small terminal wires on the solenoid? I didn't disturb any of the wires on the back of the charging receptacle on the cart firewall. Thoughts and many thanks in advance for the education. Bob T.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car