lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2018, 12:38 AM   #21
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 1998 club car DS controller conversion to Alltrax

Are you getting the 7 green blinks and then a solid? If so, does it move??

If not, look of the Tool Kit screens and see if you see any errors or faults.

If not, go between the B- and M- and see what the output is at the controller when you press the pedal just enough to here the solenoid click (Whats the volts) and then again as you get the fully depressed (Whats the volts). If this is good, you have a motor problem, if it is not, we need to see if it is getting the correct signal from the v-glide/potentiometer.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2018, 09:05 AM   #22
johnnyscart
Not Yet Wild

When plugged in to computer I get 7 blinks, no solid. Once I turn the cart on I get solid green. No errors on the screen. The voltage between m- and b- is 48v. It does not change with throttle.
johnnyscart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:07 AM   #23
johnnyscart
Not Yet Wild

Field map that is loaded is iq-v4
Old 08-21-2018, 12:09 PM   #24
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

The blink code is now correct for your throttle type.

Field map is correct if that is a stock CC motor.

If the voltage never dropped as the pedal was depressed you are probably not getting a signal from the potentiometer in your v-glide (variable speed potentiometer) to the controller. The MS must be making up as you are getting the solenoid activation.

Now since that was a regen 2 cart, see if it has the 3 wire plug off the v-glide. If so, check this with the batteries connected, Tow/Run switch in Run; place the black (–) probe on packs main Negative post and the red (+) probe on the yellow wire at the 3-pin connector near the v-glide. (The reading should be approximately ~0.32 -0.5vdc with the pedal up). Slowly press the Go Pedal and the readings should increase until it reaches ~4.65vdc or higher when the pedal is fully pressed. (Anything less than 4.60vdc and you are not reaching full throttle). If the reading is erratic or jumps all over the place it is a bad v-glide output signal. Could be resistors, pads, arm, etc.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:29 AM   #25
johnnyscart
Not Yet Wild

I got it working. There was a function selected (pedal depressed or something like that) that needed to be turned off for my cart. Basically the controller was not loaded for my cart with either the throttle or this disabled. Thanks for all your help.

John
Old 08-22-2018, 06:55 AM   #26
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Glad you are rolling....
Old 08-22-2018, 07:56 AM   #27
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The HPD (High Pedal Disable) is a safety feature that should normally be used (turned ON).

If You had to disabled the option, it indicates an issue with the throttle (Multi-Step Potentiometer).

At the very least You should have a wire between the posts #2 (no resistor) and #3 (the first one with a resistor) to make sure there is no chance of the Multi-Step sending an invalid throttle signal to the controller when the Pedal micro-switch closes.

While the above scenario is harmless, disabling the HPD for that issue will also allow you to turn the key switch ON with the pedal all the way down and the cart will take off at full speed.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:15 AM   #28
johnnyscart
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. I talked to Alltrax directly and for my model this that's what they said needed to be done.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:35 AM   #29
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyscart View Post
Thanks. I talked to Alltrax directly and for my model this that's what they said needed to be done.
Disappointing they would not at least have mentioned that a simple wire added to the Multi-Step would have allowed that safety feature to remain enabled.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:59 AM   #30
HaulnA$$
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
......At the very least You should have a wire between the posts #2 (no resistor) and #3 (the first one with a resistor) to make sure there is no chance of the Multi-Step sending an invalid throttle signal to the controller when the Pedal micro-switch closes......
I don’t mean to jack this thread but reading this has me wondering. I recently converted my 94 Cc DS 36V controller cart to 48V and an Alltrax SR48500. I am having issues with the first third of the throttle doing nothing. Relearning helped but it still could be better. I have the multi-step 2 wire 0-5k throttle and I did not add this wire. I’m curious if doing this mod will finally fix it. Thoughts?
HaulnA$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car