lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2018, 08:34 PM   #1
appstate09
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent Bouncing

Hey guys, not necessarily a club car or precedent exclusive question. Also, I have searched the forums far and wide, tried many of the suggestions.

2012 Precedent. Had a tire blow (back passenger) about 1/4 mike from the house. Decided to run it home as is, about ran a hole in the tire. Fast forward. Decided to order new tires since the originals were balding. New set of Kenda Hole n 1’s in eBay. Installed fine, felt accomplished and went on a ride with wife and daughter. Really noticeable bounce on pavement, now wife rolls eyes on our nightly stroll making the bounce even more severe.

I inflated, deflated, 30 psi, below 10 psi. Also swapped combo of new and old tires. Came to conclusion that possibly 2 of 4 new tires were out of round. Take the tires to a local shop, they think one of the new rims are bent. They end up putting the new tires on the old rims. They spin them reseat and say they are good to go. I trust these folks, known them for years.

I even get a torque wrench, all the lugs are put at 55 lb/ft. I do a crisscross pattern when tighten them. Still the **** bounce, wife’s eyes rolling even more. I am so confused never noticed this with the old tires before the flat tire occurred.

Now I am jacking the cart in the front and notice the wheels spin with a slight high point and low point. When I jack it up the front wheel rotate automatically to the low point. I spin and can see the up and down motion. I will be testing the rear wheels after jacking rear to tonight.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to look for, where to start?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
appstate09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2018, 08:51 PM   #2
appstate09
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Precedent Bouncing

Quote:
Originally Posted by appstate09 View Post
Hey guys, not necessarily a club car or precedent exclusive question. Also, I have searched the forums far and wide, tried many of the suggestions.

2012 Precedent. Had a tire blow (back passenger) about 1/4 mike from the house. Decided to run it home as is, about ran a hole in the tire. Fast forward. Decided to order new tires since the originals were balding. New set of Kenda Hole n 1’s in eBay. Installed fine, felt accomplished and went on a ride with wife and daughter. Really noticeable bounce on pavement, now wife rolls eyes on our nightly stroll making the bounce even more severe.

I inflated, deflated, 30 psi, below 10 psi. Also swapped combo of new and old tires. Came to conclusion that possibly 2 of 4 new tires were out of round. Take the tires to a local shop, they think one of the new rims are bent. They end up putting the new tires on the old rims. They spin them reseat and say they are good to go. I trust these folks, known them for years.

I even get a torque wrench, all the lugs are put at 55 lb/ft. I do a crisscross pattern when tighten them. Still the **** bounce, wife’s eyes rolling even more. I am so confused never noticed this with the old tires before the flat tire occurred.

Now I am jacking the cart in the front and notice the wheels spin with a slight high point and low point. When I jack it up the front wheel rotate automatically to the low point. I spin and can see the up and down motion. I will be testing the rear wheels after jacking rear to tonight.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to look for, where to start?

Thanks!

Rear wheels going up and down while spinning too. Rear passenger not moving at same speed as rear driver. Not sure if regen braking. Can spin rear driver by hand but rear passenger does not move. However if spin rear passenger by hand driver side always move with it.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:31 PM   #3
appstate09
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by appstate09 View Post
Rear wheels going up and down while spinning too. Rear passenger not moving at same speed as rear driver. Not sure if regen braking. Can spin rear driver by hand but rear passenger does not move. However if spin rear passenger by hand driver side always move with it.

Starting to think the up and down motion of the tires spinning is due to the lugs not being dead center when tightening. Seems like I read about a lip the rim sits on?

Old 08-24-2018, 10:01 PM   #4
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

When you mention bouncing in a vehicle whether in a golf cart or an automobile the first thing that comes to mind is the shocks.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 06:53 AM   #5
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

You need to go ahead and get a nice set of wheels and tires. Most tires will have a little bounce when they are cold. After about 1/2 mile they should smooth out.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 02:32 PM   #6
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Have the tires balanced.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car