lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2018, 08:36 PM   #1
kingfish26
Not Yet Wild

Default Looking for opinion

Looking at 2 options for carts.

2004 Club Car DS. 2012 batteries so they need replacing. 6 battery 48v system. Looking a buying for $1000-1100 Comes with an enclosure but body isn't perfect. Has headlights. Scratched up on one side.

2010 club car precedent. 4 battery 48v system. Person put 2 carquest batteries in it this year. Other 2 have some age but he says it runs 36 holes easy right now. Looking like I can get it for $2100 and it has the club cover on back. No enclosure. Body is in good shape.

What would you all go with?
kingfish26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2018, 09:28 PM   #2
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Looking for opinion

Not sure what you are using the cart for but I might keep looking. Neither would scream DEAL in my area. the 2004 needs new batteries which will be about $750-800 in my area. Now you have an $1800 cart which would be top of the market for a 2004 DS with new batteries.

As far as the precedent, not sure if the car quest batteries he put in are deep cycle but if they are car batteries they aren't going to work long. So plan on new batteries for that cart. if he replaced two I would imagine the other two are on their way out soon. Now you are at $3000 for the precedent and they are selling 2016 precedents in my area right now with original batteries for $3000 OBO and with new batteries for $3400.

So I am not sure where you are located but neither are a DEAL. If you are in an area where carts are common I would hold tight and continue the search. Of course price depends on location but in my area (south Florida) those wouldn't be carts I would look at too long.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:39 PM   #3
kingfish26
Not Yet Wild

I am using it for golf. Both of these are pretty solid prices in my area. In kentucky carts are carrying solid price tags.
kingfish26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:29 PM   #4
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Mixing new and old batteries in a pack is not good. The older ones will degrade the newer ones prematurely. Not to mention that car batteries are not equal to golf cart batteries even if they are deep cycle.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:39 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I can't believe I am saying this (lord help me!), but I would probably get the Precedent if I could get him down another $200-$300. If not, I would go with my Good Ole DS (I assume it is an IQ/Sepex) and just buy me a new set of US's after I got it....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 06:55 AM   #6
sunnydays
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

a month ago I bought a 2011 ds for $1700 with 1 yr old batteries. and this price is average... look on facebook marketplace for prices.
sunnydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:05 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The 04 could be a series cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car